Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2017, 09:58 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by richamor View Post
Well.....better late than never and I did say yall would be the first to know. I talked myself out of the Andersen. Don't know why really I just couldn't convince myself to spend the money on it.

But.....I did happen to find a slightly used Hensley SwiftArrow within driving distance. From the original owner complete with cover, manual, extra parts, even a Hitch Helper! Also came with a set of Rock Tamer flaps. All for less than half the cost of new. So I'm a Hensley owner now. All I have to do is get it installed and set up before next Friday.
Any follow up?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2017, 07:56 PM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
I purchased a Henley for my 2013 19 ft Gulfstream. I towed it with a 2012 Honda Pilot with towing package. It followed along nicely without any problems. Sold vehicle & trailer as a package to get my Winnie Vista.
Old 11-13-2017, 07:40 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by richamor View Post
Well.....better late than never and I did say yall would be the first to know. I talked myself out of the Andersen. Don't know why really I just couldn't convince myself to spend the money on it.

But.....I did happen to find a slightly used Hensley SwiftArrow within driving distance. From the original owner complete with cover, manual, extra parts, even a Hitch Helper! Also came with a set of Rock Tamer flaps. All for less than half the cost of new. So I'm a Hensley owner now. All I have to do is get it installed and set up before next Friday.

Congratulations! After a learning curve you will love it. I find that the back up camera on my Ram is essential in hooking up. Secret, make sure you are square to the trailer when you back into the receiver.
Pricejh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:07 PM   #32

Just to kinda close this out on a high note.....I did get the hitch installed. But I had to have another hitch bar. Hensley is VERY proud of those btw. Terry at Hensley helped me out with the install and finding out what I needed for hitch bar. The PO had a 6 inch drop and I needed a 2 inch. That sells for $215.00 + $44.00 shipping. Yeah....that's what I thought. BUT there is another option. For $515.00 I can get the lifetime warranty on the hitch registered to me. Then the hitch bar will cost me shipping which came to $83.00 round trip.

So for the grand total of.....drumroll please.....$1904.00 I have a Hensley Swift Arrow set up for my rig with a full lifetime warranty. I also got the cover, a spare parts kit, manual, and a hitch helper. AND a set of Rock Tamer flaps which I haven't installed yet as it doesn't look like there's enough room between the receiver and hitch bar. So that'll wait for a bit. And to top it all off the seller lived in a great little vaca spot that we WILL be returning to.

Now for the nitty gritty.... was it worth it. Well, to me it was. With the Hensley and the new Prodigy P3 the trailer pulls and stops like it isn't there. The truck feels the weight for sure but there's no jerking, no bucking, no bounce and no hint of sway. And I tried a little just to see what it would or wouldn't do. But like a well heeled dog the TT follows along and goes exactly where it's told. Granted it's only been one trip maybe 100 miles total but the difference was immediately noticeable. And hook-up wasn't an issue even having to back in on a slope this morning. A pleasant surprise on an otherwise dreary morning upcamp.

So there you have it. More$$$ than I initially thought yes. But still much less than new and with the lifetime warranty. So count me as another Hensley happy camper:-)

Thanks to all that replied. If things change yall will be among the first to know!
richamor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:14 PM   #33

Winnebago Owners Club
You are experiencing what I found with my Gulf Stream Innsbruck. I did a lot of research before spending the money. I let mine go with cover, tools and screw assist to help center the hitch. Happy travels! 🤠
Old 11-14-2017, 04:35 AM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGundy View Post
You are experiencing what I found with my Gulf Stream Innsbruck. I did a lot of research before spending the money. I let mine go with cover, tools and screw assist to help center the hitch. Happy travels! 🤠
Please tell me what a "screw Assist" is, and it's purpose.

Thanks
Denny
Old 11-14-2017, 05:01 AM   #35

https://hensleymfg.com/product/hitch-helper/

Click image for larger version

Name:	40015-Hitch-Helper.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	182874

This is what I have and what I believe DGundy is referring to. It goes under the tongue jack to move the hitch sideways. It's supposed to help with aligning the hitch to hitch bar as the Hensley is rather sensitive to a straight alignment. The PO of mine said he bought it but never used it and I believe it. After hitching and unhitching with mine a couple of times it's easier than it looks. I'll keep it in the bin just in case though. And be on the lookout for a nice hitch cam :-)
richamor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:52 AM   #36

Winnebago Owners Club
Correct! I couldn't remember the exact name. I found it extremely helpful and used it all the time.