RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-23-2020, 06:43 PM   #1

Any idea whatís going on here

Any idea whatís going on here with stud?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5C5FB5DF-7A47-499E-AD5E-C606AEF19D39.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	266.4 KB
ID:	305680  
KHBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2020, 06:51 PM   #2

I'd say maybe standing so close to the trees , that we can't see the forest .

Yes the decals don't line up , above and below the belt line ; but where on the RV is this picture taken ???

Can you post a photo with a wider angle showing more of the side .
Old 10-23-2020, 07:00 PM   #3

The pic appears to be a vertical pic that is rotated sideways on the front of a trailer. Do I win the prize?

Assume you are asking about the "seam" ripple. It looks like something underneath is not smooth and the skin has taken it's "shape". Hopefully not water damage.
nbluesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 07:16 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbluesky View Post
The pic appears to be a vertical pic that is rotated sideways on the front of a trailer. Do I win the prize?

Assume you are asking about the "seam" ripple. It looks like something underneath is not smooth and the skin has taken it's "shape". Hopefully not water damage.
To far into Happy Hour , for me to pick out that the picture was rotated .
I believe you have delamination .
EDIT and the more I blow the picture up , the more I'm seeing .
How old is the trailer?
Attached Images

Old 10-23-2020, 07:22 PM   #5

My bad guys, didnít realize the picture was rotated all funky... When we got back from getting supplies I rubbed my hand down it and it just feels rough. Thereís no visible water damage inside. Weíve had the camper for 18 months, bought new
Old 10-23-2020, 07:35 PM   #6

is the decal spongey? i see a spot just below the left lower corner of the window sure looks like water damage ( delamination).
Jay D.
Jay D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 07:47 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay D. View Post
is the decal spongey? i see a spot just below the left lower corner of the window sure looks like water damage ( delamination).
Jay D.
The spot by decal feels like a small hard knot. Everything is smooth until that small spot
Old 10-23-2020, 08:00 PM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Looks like it run vertical up to the corner of your drip rail? Take a look up there at roof line etc, make sure no seams/seals are compromised. Just noticed? Bought new, kinda strange for just to show up out of the blue.

Edit: just noticed the front cap also...check all over at front corner of roof.
Old 10-23-2020, 08:06 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Wilf View Post
Looks like it run vertical up to the corner of your drip rail? Take a look up there at roof line etc, make sure no seams/seals are compromised. Just noticed? Bought new, kinda strange for just to show up out of the blue.

Edit: just noticed the front cap also...check all over at front corner of roof.
Been at shop since July, didnít notice it before..Me and my nephew just washed roof and checked caulking before we went on last trip before it went to service
Old 10-23-2020, 10:12 PM   #10

Does the outer skin move at all? Can you push anywhere and it moves in and out? Some more pictures would help. Get some closer to the top where these areas are starting from. I agree, looks like delam or just a really bad seam underneath that is starting to show. Assuming the skin is filing/fiberglass in the sun it will warp if allowed to ( meaning not attached tight to the structure under it). If the wood underneath is lumpy (usually from water damage) then it will allow the skin to deform over time and direct sun.
Old 10-23-2020, 10:22 PM   #11

I think delamination would be soft or spongy (same thing). Being hard almost sounds like a stud is out of place. At first the wall looks straight but after awhile the mis-aligned stud pokes thru.
tuffr2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 11:00 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
I think delamination would be soft or spongy (same thing). Being hard almost sounds like a stud is out of place. At first the wall looks straight but after awhile the mis-aligned stud pokes thru.
I agree, if it's hard I think perhaps the manufacturer just "spanned" over a not so smooth area with the skin. Looks perfectly fine to roll off the lot but get it in the sun for a few years and it will show through for sure.

Also in looking again it looks to me like it would be right in line where the front "cap" starts. I'm sure there is a framing member there and perhaps things are not quite lined up right at the transition.
Old 10-24-2020, 08:46 AM   #13

The irregularity is about the width of an stud. The other spot is where I would expect another stud. Running vehicle makes me think of mis-aligned studs.

Can you see any other ripples as you look down the side of the trailer?
tuffr2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 09:50 AM   #14

Delamination. Looks like another bubble to the left. Leaking where the gutter meets the front trim or ?
Cumminsfan is online now   Reply With Quote