Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2020, 08:30 PM   #1

Apex Nano 213RDS

Hello everyone. We are interested in the Apex Nano 213RDS, as the floor plan and weight check the boxes at what we are looking for in a TT. Have any of you owned one of these, and what did you find to be the pros and cons of this model. We also like to drydock on BLM land and at times take trails to find a spot that we like. In your opinions would this be a camper that would work for this? Thank you
Bramic71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2020, 03:57 AM   #2

The Coachmen Apex Nano looks like two dozen other travel trailers. I generally like the Coachmen products but am leaning toward a Keystone Cougar which is advertised for full time and 0 to 110 degrees camping. This of course is a bogus claim but because they mention it just maybe it is insulated a little better than other campers.

Grand Design is another manufacturer I kinda like and so is Winnebago and Rockwood/Flagstaff.

Like I said there are 2 dozen trailers in this catagory and the Coachmen fits right in.

I am kinda leaning toward a trailer with a PVC Roof, Azdel, dual pane windows and solar prep.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 06:19 AM   #3

Thank you for your reply. Gives me something else to think about.
Bramic71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 09:09 AM   #4

The PVC roof I think is a big feature because there is very little maintenance and PVC last a long time. Lance and Starcraft use and a few others use PVC roofs but TPO is more common still.

I can get dual pane windows on the Rockwood/Flagstaff mini-lites.

Most trailers can come with solar prep. The Keystone Cougar can be optioned with a OTG package which is 'off the grid'.

One thing I am seeing now are 12v refrigerators. Also now a few 120v outlets that are live. I think the Cougar OTG package has the live outlets.

My current travel trailer a 2013 Keystone Vantage 25 RBS has a BAL frame. Winnebago uses BAL frames so. I do like that frame better than other frames. Zero rust on my 2013 trailer frame.

Trying to pick a trailer, I am weighing the features I want because not all trailers offer them.

I am lucky as I really like my current travel trailer and can be very picky on my next trailer. (There are things I do not like, basically it is a bit too small).
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 03:23 PM   #5

I would crawl under the TT and see if they use heavy duty spring hangers and shackles or like most in that class, thin ones.
Depending on how beat up the dirt road is or how long you're going down it will determine how well the Apex will do.
I would do smoother roads like gravel or dirt roads that aren't full of holes.
As a comparison my TT came with 16" tires, MorRyde's 3000 equalizer, thick shackles and spring hangers, shocks and grease-able bushings.

The Apex and my ORV are at different ends of the spectrum but in the real world the Apex should do fine in less rugged conditions.

There's a blogger that owns an Evo and travels all over in the boonies. So yes it can be done.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote