Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2018, 07:15 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Roshton
Arctic Fox 25W

I just bought my 25 W TT and wondered why the electric jack and light on it are not wired to the battery disconnect switch . I have my unit parked on my 3 acre property where it will not likely be moved and not being there often makes me wonder if someone was to lower the jack to bottom or all way up may result in damage also the small light on jack can be left on by anyone fooling with it . The only way I can see to avoid this problem is disconnect wires from batteries but seems odd this was not connected to battery disconnect switch in first place .
Any thoughts appreciated .
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2018, 08:12 PM   #2

My Winnebago Minnie is wired the same way. My slide will also work with the battery disconnect turned off.
Old 10-09-2018, 11:27 PM   #3

Disconnect it from the battery.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 01:53 AM   #4

Is power off too rest of coach when switched as disconnect could be hooked up wrong and not working it happened to me once and an RV tech had installed disconnect but disconnected nothing when switched

2007 Excel, 30RSO, Demco Glide Ride, B&W Companion.
Max1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 05:28 AM   #5

Grand Design Owners Club
Two things come to mind. If you have a smart jack it probably needs memory power for the return to hitch height function. And I wouldn't be surprised if the disconnect will not carry the current load of a tongue jack.
cfowler55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 08:32 AM   #6

Should be an inline fuse as well. Could just remove that.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 01:16 PM   #7

Mine is wired direct too. So someone doesn't tamper with it I simply remove the fuse.
60sumtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 02:49 PM   #8

I have 5 acres in Pa. that I camp on but I do not leave my trailer there. To many creeps in world that would mess with it or shoot it up. My friend had a old camper on 3 acres in Ohio that people took apart and just left the frame.

Really bad people.

This really does not sound like someone messing with it but the way it is wired. But sooner or later someone will mess with your trailer if you leave it unattended.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 04:49 PM   #9

Just looking at your profile I notice its a 2014. It could be wired that way because the electric jack was installed to replaced a manual jack.
60sumtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 09:15 PM   #10

I imagine it is the shortest way to run the wires, straight to the batteries instead of through the trailer power. Believe it or not most trailers are designed for a manual crank instead of power jack. My Nash had the power jack as an option, ORV has it standard but the wiring is still to the battery.

If that worried then just pull the 30 amp fuse. I would be more worried about why people are out playing around my trailer than them turning the light on.
ktn1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 10:56 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to Roshton
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sumtin View Post
Mine is wired direct too. So someone doesn't tamper with it I simply remove the fuse.
Which fuse is it 30 amp