Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2016, 08:56 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigman1 View Post
what's with all the hand wringing people? The op had a bunch of low life scum invade his property, attempt to make off with his new personal property and wreck it in the process. And everyone's all upset that the owner tried and succeeded in protecting his property, his family and himself? Give me a break!

The gentleman was violated, apparently was well versed in what the law allowed him to do and he did it! Good for him. I'm sorry for his loss in both time and repairs necessary, but i'll bet those in the local low life society will have spread the word that this gentleman's place is not the place to go to grab a quick buck. Would that we have more people like l.c.gray, we'd have a lot less slime seeking to take advantage of people like the rest of the hand wringers. Good move for the good guys!
very well said
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2016, 10:18 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigman1 View Post
Would that we have more people like L.C.Gray, we'd have a lot less slime seeking to take advantage of people like the rest of the hand wringers
Even though named in error, I still agree with this^^^^

I will defend me and mine to the last drop of their blood...
Old 10-21-2016, 11:07 AM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Of course you will get some push back on your stance...

No one can appreciate what it feels like until it happens to you,
you THINK you know how you will respond, but you really don't.... until it happens to you.

My camping buddies were robbed 5 years ago and to this day it still affects them!

Sorry to say,
this country used to be about personal security and personal drive, it's sad where we are...
The criminals should not have more rights and protection than the law abiding...
and because they've been coddled to think it's their right to take our stuff, it will continue....
And the bystanders always tell you what you should have done.

I'm in Texas too and I own a few guns because police are minutes away when seconds count and the scrutiny THEY are under makes them hesitant to act.
Old 10-21-2016, 11:12 AM   #32

Send a message via AIM to Johnitis Send a message via MSN to Johnitis Send a message via Yahoo to Johnitis
No. And it applies to your life being endangered, not property in the driveway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyian View Post
Is Castle Law not in every state?
Old 10-21-2016, 11:15 AM   #33

Send a message via AIM to Johnitis Send a message via MSN to Johnitis Send a message via Yahoo to Johnitis
How can you kneecap, or worse, who can you kneecap, when you're randomly firing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blang View Post
It's not deadly force when the intention is to kneecap him, is it?
Old 10-21-2016, 11:17 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsfloyd View Post
Around d 5:09 am I woke up to a diesel noise in the alley. Told the wife and she hit the panic alarm. She raised the garage and yelled get out of here. She yelled for me to get my gun . I'm getting it and here the tires burning rubber.
I yell and the stolen 3/4 ton Ford revs up again and the trailer slides over and hits the power pole and sparks fly. Same time I fire off a round . Never seen them . 3 doors open .
Police arrived in 10 mins. The truck was still in drive and running.
Some how the plug came out of the electric brake and lock all 4 tires. The drug it about 4 ft off the concrete and the tongue Jack dug into the dirt or soft ground.
The front cap has 2 deep scratches.
The TT is 2017 flagstaff supervise diamond . Still has paper tag , 6 weeks old.
Thanks for letting me vent some anger.
I want to move to TX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-21-2016, 11:19 AM   #35

Thank goodness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.C.Gray View Post
You obviously do not reside in Texas....
Old 10-21-2016, 11:21 AM   #36

Monaco Owners Club
This thread has been amazing, the protectors are being attacked by some 'rights of the criminals' or worriers of unintended consequences,,,

I wish these people would go down town Detroit, Chicago, and try and rip off any drug dealer and see what the punishment is, and the drug dealer is doing illegal activity to begin with,,

to have an individual be violated, at home, at night, is just wrong!!!
Old 10-21-2016, 11:30 AM   #37

Yeah, he did it, alright. Good guys don't fire randomly into the dark. And there is no law anywhere, not even in Texas, that permits such. How "good for him" would it be if he'd shot a neighbor who ran outside to check the ruckus? Come on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigman1 View Post
The gentleman was violated, apparently was well versed in what the law allowed him to do and HE DID IT! Good for him. ... Good move for the good guys!
Old 10-21-2016, 11:30 AM   #38

i always think of Magnum movie and the chief asks him what made him think it was him,,ha ha,,running down the ally pants down and a ------.
Old 10-21-2016, 11:33 AM   #39

Lol. Where in downtown Chicago? Outside Trump Tower?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryvan View Post
This thread has been amazing, the protectors are being attacked by some 'rights of the criminals' or worriers of unintended consequences,,,

I wish these people would go down town Detroit, Chicago, and try and rip off any drug dealer and see what the punishment is, and the drug dealer is doing illegal activity to begin with,,

to have an individual be violated, at home, at night, is just wrong!!!
Old 10-21-2016, 11:54 AM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnitis View Post
Lol. Where in downtown Chicago? Outside Trump Tower?
Nope, your back yard.

San Rafael Crime Data Crime Data FAQ

CRIME INDEX
(100 is safest)
Safer than 19% of
the cities
in the US.
San Rafael Annual Crimes
VIOLENT PROPERTY TOTAL
201 1,696 1,897
annual crimes per 1,000 residents
3.39 28.63 32.02
Old 10-21-2016, 11:57 AM   #41

Fleetwood Owners Club
WAIT JUST ONE MINUTE, ALL OF YOU!!!!

These poor, poor boys just bought that rv off craigs list for $2500.00 and your shooting at them? Those poor boys were told to pick it up after dark, those poor boys,they are good, good, boys, never been in trouble,don't use drugs, and your shooting at them, shame on you..............for missing.

Rapid Rick
2013 Fleetwood Terra 35K
Old 10-21-2016, 12:20 PM   #42

No, we don't have drug dealers like they have downtown Chicago and Detroit, we have stores where they sale the stuff. But I can see why San Rafael data was relevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryvan View Post
Nope, your back yard.

San Rafael Crime Data Crime Data FAQ
Closed Thread