Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2016, 01:49 PM   #71

Johnitis is about 100% right.

PaMiller, mostly got it wrong.

I am a retired LEO and would NEVER encourage anyone to shoot at an unidentified target, in the dark. I don't think anyone I worked with over 24 years would say any different.

Maybe it's just gun rights vs common sense?

'97 Country Coach Intrigue
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2016, 01:57 PM   #72

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRex45 View Post
Johnitis is about 100% right.
ROFLMAO
PaMiller, mostly got it wrong.
lol You ain't got a clue about the laws in TEXAS
Johnitis is quoting laws from commiefornia

I am a retired LEO and would NEVER encourage anyone to shoot at an unidentified target, in the dark. I don't think anyone I worked with over 24 years would say any different.
Did it sound like I encouraged him to you ??? I said he did the best he could at the time.. You don't know me ..
Maybe it's just gun rights vs common sense?
this is the law in the state of TEXAS >>>>>
A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:
(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41;  and

(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:
(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime;  or

(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property;  and

(3) he reasonably believes that:
(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means;  or

(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.
Safe-T-Plus
Old 10-22-2016, 02:01 PM   #73

PA MILLER,

What LE Dept did you retire from?
Old 10-22-2016, 02:28 PM   #74

Outdoors RV Owners Club
If I am confronted at my house or RV on a trip, what I want to do is live through it. So, living in the foothills where bears have been seen and traveling to areas with bears, I always have bear spray close. It's not going to kill anyone but the situation will be over right now and I don't have to be a good aim to use it. It will fill a room or area and no one can stay there. I do not have bear spray for use against humans as that is not legal. If some spray did get in someones eyes while I was fearing for my life, they could probably be found at the emergency room with red eyes in pain. I have never had to use anything for self protection or prevent theft and I thank God for that. But as I recall when I got a permit for mace many years ago they said you did not have to fear death to use it, just bodily harm. So a lower standard for use. If you think about it, I would hope no one would kill someone for stealing their BBQ no matter how much of a scum bag they are and I am a Right Wing Pro 2nd amendment guy .
Old 10-22-2016, 04:29 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnitis View Post
As for the Texas law, stand your ground doesn't extend to a vehicle unless you are in the vehicle.
Stand your ground isn't applicable the law in this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnitis View Post
You cannot use deadly force against someone involved in the theft of a vehicle if you are not in that vehicle.
All depends on circumstances.... Under the OP's circumstances you can protect, defend and recover your property using deadly force if necessary. Has stood up in court multiple times.
Old 10-22-2016, 04:35 PM   #76

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
This is a RV site if anyone wants to PM me about gun laws in TEXAS they can.... I think I said in a post that I wouldn't shoot someone over property and that the laws in Texas are very clear about that... I am a retired LEO and if you'd like to PM about my carer feel free to do so.. So if I have offended anyone on this subject I sure didn't mean to do so... Sorry if I did >> again I'm not mad . Please leave me out of the rest of this thread unless you need me to repeat Texas laws for defending property...
Safe-T-Plus
Old 10-22-2016, 04:39 PM   #77

Thanks Pa Miller for stating facts with sources here, not just generalities and opinions as facts.
Old 10-22-2016, 06:26 PM   #78

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
This thread is now closed. Thanks for participating.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
Closed Thread