Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-05-2012, 10:20 AM   #1

Atwood heater Blowing 12vdc fuse

I have an Atwood 8500-IV furnace, it keeps blowing the 12vdc fuse. Blower comes on, Igniter clicks 3 times and the fuse blows. Blower is free spinning, no wasp nests, bird nests, junk, spiders, or any other obstructions. I can see ignitor, but cant get to it, need to see if its clean on gas side where it ignites. Afraid of removing heater and ending up with gas leaks lol. Any help would be appreciated, Thank you
alpha77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2012, 05:13 PM   #2

Here's an Attwod Furnace Service Manual that contains information for your 85-IV furnace. Hope it helps.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Atwood Furnace Service Manual.pdf (1.51 MB, 256 views)

2003 Fleetwood Expedition 38N 2005 Saturn Vue
jlfbatonrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:26 PM   #3

Thank you Jim and Lynda, I will let you know when I fix it )
Old 11-21-2012, 05:22 AM   #4

I strongly suspect a bad gas valve, drawing too many amps. Have you fixed it yet?
rgreen45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:43 AM   #5

Haven't repaired it yet and I think your correct. I isolated everything else and still blowing fuse. When I apply power it sounds like the solenoid is chattering, not staying in an open position. Gonna replace the valve as soon as I get the time to do it, thank you for your response. )
Old 11-22-2012, 04:37 PM   #6

No problem. Even though I'm a certified "RV tech", I've learned a ton from the experiences of folks on this forum. I'm just happy to occasionally offer useful advice as a payback.
rgreen45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
atwood, fuse, heater