Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-14-2016, 02:10 PM   #15

Thor Owners Club
KZ RV Club
We use a Garmin RV 760LMT with BC 20 wireless backup camera extension cable.
It has worked well for us for the past year and a half.
LandKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-15-2016, 12:31 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_sos View Post
Jason, that looks like a good system. Did you have it installed or can it be a DIY project?
Kneedeep0525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 07:55 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneedeep0525 View Post
Jason, that looks like a good system. Did you have it installed or can it be a DIY project?
I did it myself. It wasn't a bad install at all as long as you're handy. I installed mine below the clearance marker, and took the center light off to get the wire inside, made a small notch in the bottom of the marker light, and reinstalled it after snaking the wire into the back wall. I had to make an access hole on the inside left of the rear wall on my upper bunk because there was a horizontal wooden member across the back wall. After getting by that, I snaked it down to the utility area below my bottom bunk, through the floor, and then along the frame to the front of the trailer.

I haven't done my truck yet, I just temporarily ran it through a window for this season, and I plan on running that cable this winter the correct way through the firewall, etc.

I'm really happy with the product. I love being able to see what's behind me and it really helps to be able to see that it's clear when changing lanes. The monitor is BIG. 7" doesn't sound big until you have it on your windshield, but it is great having that monitor to be able to see detail. I also wanted a "commercial" style camera rather than the cheaper ones you see many places.

My next add will be a rear view camera for my truck to help me line up when hooking up. The monitor allows up to 3 cameras, so it'll be easy to do.
Old 11-16-2016, 08:07 AM   #18

Quote:
I did it myself. It wasn't a bad install at all as long as you're handy. I installed mine below the clearance marker, and took the center light off to get the wire inside, made a small notch in the bottom of the marker light, and reinstalled it after snaking the wire into the back wall. I had to make an access hole on the inside left of the rear wall on my upper bunk because there was a horizontal wooden member across the back wall. After getting by that, I snaked it down to the utility area below my bottom bunk, through the floor, and then along the frame to the front of the trailer.

I haven't done my truck yet, I just temporarily ran it through a window for this season, and I plan on running that cable this winter the correct way through the firewall, etc.

I'm really happy with the product. I love being able to see what's behind me and it really helps to be able to see that it's clear when changing lanes. The monitor is BIG. 7" doesn't sound big until you have it on your windshield, but it is great having that monitor to be able to see detail. I also wanted a "commercial" style camera rather than the cheaper ones you see many places.

My next add will be a rear view camera for my truck to help me line up when hooking up. The monitor allows up to 3 cameras, so it'll be easy to do.
Do you have any photos of your setup?
RV_Fan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 01:30 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV_Fan33 View Post
Do you have any photos of your setup?
Unfortunately, I didn't take many, but here are a couple of the back of my camper and of the monitor inside the truck.

Camper Camera - Album on Imgur
Old 11-23-2016, 07:39 AM   #20

Quote:
Unfortunately, I didn't take many, but here are a couple of the back of my camper and of the monitor inside the truck.

Camper Camera - Album on Imgur
Awesome, thanks!
RV_Fan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 11:22 AM   #21

Rear Camera

I have been doing research on these rear view cameras, especially the wireless ones. The Furrion Observation Camera (FOS48TAPK-BL) seems to be a very good choice. Furrion offers a back up only and an observation set up that seem to operate well per the reviews.

If anyone has tried this brand, give us some reviews or comments..
JUS1MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 11:26 AM   #22

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Just put one of these on the toy box. 62' from the front of our coach and it's working great so far. Time will tell how it fairs over time.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 11:55 AM   #23

Additional camera suggestions?

Does anyone else have any additional camera suggestions that they have had good luck with: preferably economical ones, as well? First, I need to get a backup camera to use with my 2012 GMC 2500 extended cab long bed when not towing anything. Later, I will want cameras to assist with a fifth-wheel hookup and to put behind a fifth-wheel. (I don't have a trailer, yet.) Can this all be done with cameras that will go to the same monitor? If so, is that practical or cost-effective? Of course, the easier it is to install everything, the better. Thank you for any help anyone can provide.
Kent65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 07:30 AM   #24

Kent65

We have a iBalll for hookup. Magnetic mount onto back of truck and camera goes into cigarette lighter, just have to turn both on to get it to work. Works better than the two yellow balls one on hitch and one on trailer when you see them move you know your ok! So says sales 'cause it's not! I like the iBall much better, clear view and very easy to hookup. Will it go onto the back of the trailer? Don't know, it's a magnetic mount, therefore, I do not trust it to stay. That is why we just got a Garmin BC-30 last night. Now to figure out how to hook it up.
BandSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 11:13 AM   #25

We recently installed a Furrion Observation Camera on a 21 ft trailer and it works great. I replaced my center clearance light with it. Very easy.

My only complaint is with the suction mount for the receiver/screen does not work well in any location in my Tundra. Absolutely every surface has texturing which prevents a good suction seal. Certainly not a show stopper but something to keep in mind.

Mike
blueridge-fl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera