Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2017, 09:42 AM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Bedroom Reading Light Mod

Needed better reading Lights for each side of the bed. The center light on the shelf above was unsatisfactory for reading and disturbed my spouse when trying to sleep. so this is what I did.

For More Info Click Here
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2017, 11:10 AM   #2

Nice.

I've been thinking doing this myself so thanks for sharing with us how you did it.
60sumtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 07:50 PM   #3

Ran across a stack of these new in the box at a garage sale recently for $2 a piece. Bought 4 of them, shoulda bought em all. Plan on putting one on each side of the bed overhead and one under the kitchen cabinet to aim at the stove and sink to cook breakfast without lighting up the whole trailer while the wife's still snoozing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	113
Size:	285.8 KB
ID:	185184  
Old 12-08-2017, 08:00 PM   #4

I put two singles like LC Gray shows, I had one double light over the bed, I got a nice piece of wood, stained etc. cut a groove in the middle for the wires, mounted a light on each side. I think i paid about 3.00 ea. for the lights, work great for us
Old 12-09-2017, 06:55 PM   #5

On my list of things to do. I found a pair of discontinued $40 reading lights at a local CW. I bought the only NIB one they had for $6.95 and they gave me the display. All I need to do now is exactly what you've done.
Nice job!
richamor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 10:29 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhbell View Post
Needed better reading Lights for each side of the bed. The center light on the shelf above was unsatisfactory for reading and disturbed my spouse when trying to sleep. so this is what I did.

For More Info Click Here
Very nice and thanks for the detailed install. I just added these to my Amazon wish list last week, great timing.
TDroma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light