Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-23-2018, 04:09 PM   #15

Considering your TV and having kids, it’s hard to beat a Class C motorhome.
bneukam is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2018, 02:03 PM   #16

Desert Flyer found some great little trailers. KZ is an ok trailer. Maybe slightly better than average. I would buy a KZ. They do have a walk around queen width bed. It does not say the length.

I am not tall but I had a trailer with the 'short queen' and I liked sleeping on my stomach with my feet hanging over the end. On a 80" long bed I can not do this. Now on a 74" long bed I doubt your husband can sleep diagonally and still have room for you unless you are short.

Winnebago makes small trailers but have a Murphy bed if that is acceptable. My wife kinda likes the Murphy bed concept because you do not have a lot of room in a small trailer.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 05:05 PM   #17
AMQ

Update

I really appreciate everyone's input. We decided not to use my Highlander for our TV since it will won't be able to pull what we want. We co-own a Ford F350 with our business partner and worked out a deal to use it as our TV as well, so that gives us many more options. Thanks again!
AMQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 02:03 PM   #18

We were once on a similar search, and found that such an animal does not exist.
With the bigger truck you now have access to, that opens a lot of options.
Do you want slides, or are you just going to be sleeping overnight only and do not require lounging room?
We have a 29' slideless trailer that has worked well for our family of 4.
Jayco Jayflight 26bh
29'3" from tongue to bumper
Island queen
Full bunks
Booth dinette
Sofa
2-door fridge
Ample storage.
Tiny bathroom.
GVWR is either 7000 lbs or 7500 lbs.
We purchased the F-150 3.5L v6 with Ecoboost to pull it.
It works well for us.
Oct Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 03:40 PM   #19

Cool - with access to a F-350 just about any trailer you pick will he ok as long as it fits in the camping spots where you want. I would definitely pick a trailer with at least on slide. Look at the Winnebago mini plus. They have a 28' bunkhouse I think. The kids would love it if you let them pick a color. The Winnebago comes in Red or Yellow or Blue, or Orange and a few more colors. That is, if the kids can agree.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, advice, weight