Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-02-2021, 08:04 PM   #1

Best place to sell my Travel Trailer??

Looking for input on the best places online to sell my [Mod Edit] Keystone Travel Trailer. Anyone like one site or forum more than another? Looking for feedback.

Thanks in advance!
elshort9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2021, 05:33 AM   #2

Ads are allowed on this site BTW. No need to sneak
Old 05-03-2021, 06:59 AM   #3
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Not in the forums but yes in the iRV2 Classifieds.
https://www.irv2.com/rvclassifieds/index.php?cat=9

Do your part.....
Spk64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 08:16 AM   #4

RVTrader is great for dealers but not so much for private individuals. AutoTrader is the same way for cars.

I would start with the classified ads here, then maybe FB Marketplace. Of course, there's always consignment.

Be descriptive, take lots of GOOD pictures, and include any maintenance or upgrades you've done. Does it include the WDH? Have you changed the batteries? Mattress? Tires? Installed a WIFI router? I saw an ad the other day for a TT and there were more than 30 pictures of the exterior and not ONE of the interior but it's still better than the ads with blurry pictures of the bathroom mirror.
propchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 10:59 AM   #5

We purchased two travel trailers and sold one via Facebook Marketplace. I didn’t have any success here or on Craigslist, but I do know others have. And what propchef said, lots of pictures and upgrades that make it stand out.
madisonjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 11:15 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I've had good luck with RVTreader.com. Sold a motorhome and a trailer fairly quickly. The guy buying the mtorhome was about 300 miles away and the other was local. Why not use them both? RVTrader amd FB Market place?

Having lots of nice staged pictures helps along with a lengthy description of the good and the bad. I always list all options, things I've repaired/replaced and have upgraded plus known issues just to be fair. Having some sort of maintenance record helps also. I keep a spreadsheet on everything done to it.
Old 05-03-2021, 12:03 PM   #7

I think it would sell easier on a local site like FB or CL.
mokurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 12:09 PM   #8

I would put it on Facebook Market Place. A local sale will be a lot less stress and there is a demand for them.
TMyers17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 06:02 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
A local sale might be a little easier but with phone calls, texting, email and bank transfers a long distance sale while may require a little more effort it's the same money in the bank. I drove over 500 miles to get both my motorhomes and I have a feeling a lot of others on here did the same or at least looked that far away :-)

I guess it depends where you live. If near a large city then it will probably sell quick locally but if more remote it might help to go nationwide. It's on them to come look at it and bring money. I wouldn't hold one without a non-refundable small deposit and you'll get asked that in this current selling market. Maybe try FB Market Place first and if it doesn't generate much response after a couple weeks cast a larger net.

The only problem I have with CL is scammers wanting to help sell it and scammers wanting to buy it. Happens everywhere but CL seems to be the worst. I still use it because it's only $5 but am very careful. Its not hard to spot them.
Old 05-08-2021, 05:04 PM   #10

Look at RVTrader. Consignment at a local dealer or Craigslist if you don't mind a little stress and involvement.
Redfour5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 05:07 PM   #11
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Keystone Forums: https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...play.php?f=147

(sister site to iRV2)
There is great need for a sarcasm font.
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 05:32 PM   #12

I see no reason not to advertise on RVTrader, it's realatively cheap, or at least appears to be at $54.95, although that price recently went up $20. You get nationwide exposure and if you have a good description and pictures you can compete with the dealers. Just make sure you have your exact make and model right. When I was looking recently I saw quite a few private sales, if fact the rig I bought was advertised there, but that's not where I saw it. Good luck.
arcaguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sell, travel trailer, travel, ace, trailer