Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2021, 11:40 AM   #1

Grand Design Owners Club
Smile Bike cover recommended for Lippert “Jack-it”

Hi,
I just purchased a Lippert “Jack-it” double bike rack for my travel trailer RV. This bike rack mounts at the base of the electric tongue lift motor base. The bikes are then suspended up above the propane tanks and in front of the trailer. I was wondering if anybody has found a bike cover that can with stand the abuse with the bikes in front of the trailer while traveling down the road? I would like to keep the rain and the bugs and debris from abusing the bikes.

Any other feedback on this bike rack and using it before I mount it would be helpful.

Thank you, Chipmaker
Chipmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2021, 06:49 AM   #2

Doubt it. Just get something to clean/lube the chain and cables and wipe them down once in a while. You might consider removing the seats in rainy weather.
MCCOHENS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 05:28 AM   #3

Grand Design Owners Club
Thank you

Thanks. You maybe right. I’m also skeptical that one of these light weight covers can handle sustained headwinds of 65 mph up against some sharp edges of a bike.
Chipmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 11:25 AM   #4

I was looking for a similar solution for 2 bikes at the other end of the rig. After considering various alternatives, including motorcycle covers, I decided, like mccoens, that it was best just to clean the bikes when I arrived. This was a one-way trip down the Alcan Highway. The bikes did get dirty, but I have a working bike stand and they cleaned up easily.

Mike
FV Icy Swan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, lippert