Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-17-2013, 09:38 AM   #15
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmandt View Post
Keep it simple and cheap. WD-40 takes it off without any effort. It is cheap, works VERY well, and won't harm any finish.
WD-40 is an amazing spray. It has about a gagillion uses.

2000+ WD-40 Uses | Prevent Rust & More
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2013, 09:40 AM   #16
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmandt View Post
Keep it simple and cheap. WD-40 takes it off without any effort. It is cheap, works VERY well, and won't harm any finish.
WD40 is amazing. It has about a gagillion uses.

2000+ WD-40 Uses | Prevent Rust & More

TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:29 AM   #17

I used Lysol Mold & Mildew remover on mine...works GREAT!!!
amkrouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:17 AM   #18

Have used this product for 30 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark TC View Post
I have black streaks on my TT I have used streak remover with no luck. Any advise?
I use a product called Spray Nine. I buy a gallon at local NAPA store and it last many years. I spray it on streak and wash that area with soft brush and car wash. No rubbing, no abrasive, no damage, and effortless. If you want to enjoy your trailer in lieu of scrubbing and maintaining I know you will be satisfied with this product. Was recommended to me many years ago by a navy seaman. Hope this helps.
rog4kneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:28 AM   #19

TSP works very well also. Mix in a bucket with some detergent, work from the bottom up and rinse thoroughly.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:53 AM   #20

WD-40 also strips all the wax and protectant off the finish, so if you decide to use it, wax it afterward. I use it to remove road tar and brake dust from my cars.
bartlettj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 11:01 AM   #21

Clean it up and then apply 303 Protectant, next time the black streaks come, they'll wipe right off.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:44 AM   #22

The best product I used so far is Simple Green, but the liquid in the spray bottle is blue, it says on the bottle it can be used for black streaks. I just spray it on my wash brush, go over streaks then spray it down with water. Streaks are gone!
coolpull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:11 PM   #23

Dollar Store: the product is called "Awsome", and it is! For $1 you can't go wrong!
Phrogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:16 AM   #24

I have also tried the "Totally Awesome" cleaner/degreaser from the $ store, and it does work! This weekend i started waxing/polishing my MH with Turtle Wax Ice (liquid) and it too will remove all kinds of streaks from the sides, both white and black!
DblDuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:09 PM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
I used "Awesome" on my son's TT and the streaks it left, were so bad, I had to repaint, where I washed. I also tried "McGuires Clean & wax", "Simple Green", Lysol and many other products, to no effect. The black streaks are on metal sides and many cleaners, also took the paint off, so I have had to repaint many sections of the trailer. I have pretty much painted most of the black streaks away.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:48 AM   #26

Now that you have it cleaned. Go out and invest in some gutter extenders. Makes the gutters drain away more from the camper. Puts most of the heavy black streaks near the ground so your not having to scrub while up on a ladder
FamFun4 u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:07 AM   #27

I used a spray product called SD-20. I purchased a trailer which was covered in streaks, couldn't get them off and tried everything short of compounding. The spray worked great except it made the spots so clean they stood out and I ended up using it on the whole trailer. Followed up with a quality wax.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2709989996.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	343.5 KB
ID:	44081  
RetiredFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:40 PM   #28

Send a message via Yahoo to WC4Don
WD-40 is great and it works great on bug bites also .. tried it last week and it's the best itch killer I've ever used..

Don
WC4Don is offline   Reply With Quote