Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-29-2020, 06:14 AM   #71

I'm an Insurance Agent and have not heard any suggestions for Increased Roadside Service and Towing mentioned for both the tow vehicle and the trailer. Your regular auto carrier may have enhanced coverage for both units. And Motor Clubs do too. It is always best to insure the tow vehicle and trailer on the same policy. That way you only deal with one adjuster and both units are often involved. You do not need liability coverage on the trailer it is provided by the towing motor vehicle. Your homeowner policy should include some coverage on the Personal Property in the truck and trailer any where in the US or Canada, but Mexico can be another story on the truck/trailer insurance and Roadside Service. Your insurance professional can easily work out all your questions. if the trailer is damaged to the extent it is not towable it might involve much higher towing fees than the towing vehicle. Roadside service would include changing a flat as long as you have a spare. Don't count on them fixing the flat as it depends on where the nail, or whatever caused it is located on the tread. Good luck..it will be s great experience for the family and you will learn a lot that you didn't expect to...part of the fun of RVing.
joesesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-29-2020, 06:46 AM   #72

Did anyone mention to keep good tires on the trailer, and not the cheap made overseas brands.

Goodyear Endurance (made in USA) is the best we have found.

They are available on Amazon for $99 each, in my trailers size 205 75 14.
Camper25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 08:11 AM   #73

Level

No one mentioned level bubbles mounted around rig. Not all come with them mounted. Some only in front. Yeah, we all have phone apps but the actual ones mounted on the sides and one in front middle keeps your hands free to operate the landing gear, and assist when rolling up on boards. They're also useful when hitched up for leveling ride height w/ wdh.
Old 02-29-2020, 08:28 AM   #74

Congrats!
You already covered the most important part - signed up for this forum :-)

The other posts covered most of your technical equipment. Here are some suggestions for the creature comforts:
- an outdoor rug for under the awning. Keeps a lot of the dirt out of the trailer
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Patio-Mat...k-Key/46250176

- Rubbermaid (or similar bin) for shoes. Keep it right outside the door. Slippers only in the camper

- If you spend a lot of time outside around the camper, (especially if you have kids) an outside trash bag holder with a lid. Bring it in when you’re not around/at night.
https://www.amazon.com/Wakeman-Porta...df_B0749WPTTT/

- A notebook for trip notes that stays in the camper. Phones are great, but you hopefully won’t always have service.

- For the first few trips, and the first trip every season, it’s nice to have a printed checklist of what you need to do to hook up, and unhook your trailer. It’s not difficult, but my memory gets fuzzy after a few months of not camping.
Calitina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 11:03 AM   #75

Get a good tow bar with sway bar and chains, and then dress it out. Flush your tanks..gray and black..on a regular basis
BOSTONBERNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 02:04 PM   #76

Thanks for this!I'm in the same boat with a new travel trailer i picked up on Friday, lots of great info here.
craigrazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 06:06 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danattherock View Post
Quick question, assuming camper comes with power cord. I believe it to be 30A. Do i need a 15A adapter to plug in at house to power my camper? Plan was to run extension cord from garage.

I read not to use AC or microwave at home, just want to charge the two interstate batteries, learn how the systems work. Might camp in driveway once before taking her on maiden voyage.

Thanks again.

Dan
Congrats on your new adventure.

Been hooked up to the house that way to keep the battery charged. Also use to pre-chil the refrigerator a day or two prior to trips. Then use frozen ice packs for a 4-5 hour trip. No need to travel with the LP gas open. A memory thermometer verifies that the frig stays within range.
Old 07-02-2020, 06:25 PM   #78

For pots and pans and other assorted kitchen items. Thrift stores. For some reason people donate their Farberware pots and pans. As long as their stainless steel, just clean and should be good. Been also on the cast iron quest but so far no luck. Stay away from non stick anything.
Old 12-01-2020, 07:46 AM   #79

1st Season in your TT

I am very curious to hear how your 1st season went with your NoBo 19.3. I just started researching this camper and I am considering it. I like the idea on a narrower TT for long distance treks. I currently have a "Redneck Airstream" and this would be over a foot narrower yet provide more space for our family.
I hope to go look at one this weekend. I am also very interested in the Adventure storage area, can you fit adult size bikes in here?
Thanks for any input.
BikeLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 08:19 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterlady View Post
...Make sure the roof has roof paint ...
DONT SPEED. nothing over 60mph!
LeisurePursuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 05:28 AM   #81

The Estwing fireside friend splitting axe is clutch for splitting wood. I also keep a plastic bin that I can put shoes in so they don’t get the camper all dirty. And plenty of dish towels. I said this before in this forum but you can get motion led strip lights that go in the cabinets. They really help you see where your stuff is.
ardvark16 is offline   Reply With Quote