Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2022, 09:27 PM   #15

Can't identify aluminum tube thing in used trailer.

I see you already destroyed it so I have removed my comment
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old Yesterday, 03:49 PM   #16

Waterheater Anode rod?

Looks like the Waterheater Anode rod.
Old Yesterday, 04:03 PM   #17

Silencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamNW View Post
Anyone know what this thing is? It was in the underneath storage of used trailer I just bought. Small part slides into tube and threads in.
Looks like a silencer
Old Yesterday, 04:25 PM   #18

ey this is like the end segment of this old house.... love it.
You slather your face with some moisturizer, load up that thingamajig with any hue from orange to copper to brown and shake it all over the face for a greaaaat look. Just remember to save some ketchup cups from your order of Big Mac and Fries, from the McDonald's to shield your eyes from that orange fake sun burn tan... oh yea empty cups are better as in no ketchup.
Old Yesterday, 06:40 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamNW View Post
Anyone know what this thing is? It was in the underneath storage of used trailer I just bought. Small part slides into tube and threads in.
Sacrificial anode for a water heater? The large hex head on the end looks like one. Is the end with threads solid or open- can't tell by the picture.
Old Yesterday, 06:42 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsavage74 View Post
Looks like a silencer
Strange design for a silencer- I have a relative who has fully ATF & FBI licensed ones (I am on his perpetual trust as a result for them) and they are not that. Especially not out of thin aluminum
Old Yesterday, 09:40 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmassaro View Post
Strange design for a silencer- I have a relative who has fully ATF & FBI licensed ones (I am on his perpetual trust as a result for them) and they are not that. Especially not out of thin aluminum
There are lots of strange designs out there. The baffle section looks like a very commonly used style, enough so that many of us thought that is was a silencer. From the tiny picture I can not tell if there is an axial hole.

Since when does the FBI license NFA items?

There are plenty made out of thin aluminum, there are also steel, titanium and other metals depending on the brand.

Here is one extremely light weight example at 2.5oz, https://www.gemtech.com/catalog/prod...d/372/s/gm-22/

Diameter 1.0"
Overall Length 5.0"
Weight 2.5 oz.
Mount Type 1/2-28 Titanium Thread Insert
Tube Material 7075-T6 Aluminum

It does not use the baffle style possibly shown above.
Old Today, 04:56 AM   #22

As others have said, short answer yes that's a silencer.
These things hit the market a few years ago sold and marketed as a "Fuel Filter" , lol. When they first came out I was getting tons of ads everywhere for them, and I couldn't figure out how in the world it could filter fuel. The ads even showed them on cars, lol. Then I finally figured it out. I remember a video circulating a while back where someone tests it, first few shots are pretty quiet, then gets louder and louder as it melts down after several shots. Looks like you can still buy them and use as a "filter".....
https://napa4003wix24003.com/collections/frontpage
Good idea to destroy and get rid of it.
Closed Thread

Tags
trailer