Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2014, 01:56 PM   #1

Question Crossroads ZT271BH vs Jayco 267BHS

Finally narrowed down our search.

Really like both of these. The floorplan of the Crossroads is much more roomier and the bathroom is huge. Jayco has the benefit of the 2 year warranty and the price is about a grand less.

Would love some input on whatever you know about either.. Whether mfgr as a whole, or these specific models.
DatacomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2014, 08:54 AM   #2

Jayco Plus: Double Bed bunks Option, chill and store option, access to the front bedroom from both sides of the bed

CrossRoads plus: Double entry, more floor space, easier access to the top bunk, bigger grey water tank.

Both are quality brands. I would get the one that fits your family the best. We liked the crossroads when were looking at TTs due to the more open floor plan and the bigger grey water tank.
stwilliamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:19 AM   #3

What will you be pulling it with?

Bruce
nomad297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:46 PM   #4

My two cents

In reading a lot of the posts on other sites and forums I get the idea that CrossRoads seems to be an inexpensive type Towable and does not get the expected support from the manufacturer. IMHO....

Can anyone elaborate on this? I am on the fence about financing a 5er and I see a lot of used Towables made by CrossRoads. I would hate to sign the papers and find I made a terrible mistake. Still in a nice old comfy Coleman tent....Ah, the easy life....
RVGuy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 09:31 PM   #5

I have a chance to pick up a 2013 ZT-271BH in excellent condition.

They want 12000 for it. Does it sound like a good deal?

There is a HA that goes with it for another 1500.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:45 AM   #6

$12,000 sounds like a reasonable price if you are buying from a dealer, but too high if it is a private sale. If the Hensley Arrow is used, $1,500.00 is high, but I would pay that if it is in good condition and installed.

Bruce
nomad297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 10:21 PM   #7

Private sale, I threw a number at him and I got a call a few hours ago that he would go for it. Looks Like we now have a 2013 Z-1!

I went over everything with them to make sure it all works and also had them fill and empty the tanks while we were there to see what came out of them and if the tanks were reporting right to the wall meter. It looks like it just came off the dealer floor... I am still waiting for him to give me an answer on the hitch. Oh, did I mention the Z-1 has a power hitch on it?, nice!