Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2014, 10:08 PM   #1

Current New/Used Prices?

I am looking to buy a new or couple year old travel trailer. I have a 31ft class C that I am currently selling. I think the travel trailer will work better for us. I am looking for a bunkhouse with two slides - one in the main and one in the bunkhouse. I am looking for a model with the larger outdoor kitchens. I am in Arizona, so I would like either the trailer to be wired for a second air conditioner or already have one installed. I started my quest looking at the 2014 Keystone Sprinter 311BHS - the floorplan is what I am interested in. I have been to a few dealers, and see the MSRP, then run away. I read online that the MSRP is usually way off on actual price. I have looked at a used 2012 Jayco 32BHDS that was $21k and has dropped to $19k. There is a 2013 Surveyor SV305 (says repo and needs a little work - all I can see from the pictures is the outdoor fridge and indoor tv are missing) for $17900. Then there is another one (keeps listing in AZ, but is in Louisville KY) that is $17900 for a 2010 Sprinter 31BHDS. I don't know what a good price is for new anymore than I can figure out what a good price for used is.

If I wanted this similar model for new (2013/2014), what should I expect to pay? Are these prices good and the actual selling price for used right now? Thanks in advance.
Nunyadamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2014, 10:21 PM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
With that size TT and the family with all the stuff, you will need a 3/4 or 1 ton diesel. I don't care if the salesman says all you need is a 1/2 ton. As far as TT value, the go down in value like a rock. Even new you should be able to get 20% off easy. Before you make an offer on a used unit you better look it over, with a friend that knows TT's real good. There are many things that will cost big to fix, just like in a class C.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:43 AM   #3

My truck is a 2500hd duramax, so I am set for towing most trailers. I have been renting trailers and borrowing trailers for the last 5 years or so. I think I know enough to get through the purchase, but with things seeming to be so different on prices, that is what I am having a hard time with. When you say 20% off, are you talking about the msrp? Some of these trailers have msrp at $46k and others $36k and then I see them all over Craigslist and rv trader in the mid $20k region. They are all nearly the same trailer. The $20k swing is where I have a problem. If possible, can people post what they are paying for these, or PM me the prices?
Old 02-28-2014, 02:49 AM   #4

Highway - thanks for the reply. Meant to say that in the last post. I am on my 5th boat, so repairing trailers doesn't worry me too much. At least a trailer won't sink .
Old 02-28-2014, 12:41 PM   #5

You should be able to get 20-30% off a new one easily (off MSRP).

We're looking at a 20K Jayco, we should be able to take home for 15K after all said and done, and i'll make them throw in the tow gear.
DatacomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:24 PM   #6

Thanks for all of the help. I ended up picking up the 2014 Jayco Jay Flight 32BHDS for $27162.11 out the door with the 14k# equal-i-zer hitch, 15k AC, Hide-a-bed, technology package, customer value package, power package, thermal package, electric stabilizers, aluminum wheels, roof ladder, etc. If I had waited and bought in the winter or bought back east, I might have gotten a better deal, but I think I did ok on the deal for the west coast.