Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-03-2021, 06:32 PM   #1

Delay in production! Anyone else?

I ordered a new Jayco trailer in November. They said it would be ready by February, and then it was March or April. Today they are telling me June. Anyone else have these issues? Itís hard to not switch to another brand at this point. I can probably get a Grand Design again or Forest River. Sometimes the universe tells you things.
ardvark16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2021, 07:18 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I think there are issues all down the supply chain. I’m at HWH now and they have enough people out that it’s slowing their process and their products go on motorhome chassis at the beginning of the build. So I could easily see this issue multiplied and expanded across the industry affecting most builders.
Old 03-03-2021, 07:29 PM   #3

The whole economy is having issues right now. Why would anyone expect the RV industry to be any different. I suspect that if you go to another company you will simply prolong your wait. Just my opinion.
arcaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 07:57 PM   #4

I did not know that there were supply chain issues like this. I thought this thing was over by Easter. Stinking rona.
Old 03-03-2021, 11:04 PM   #5

I can understand why cars and trucks are having production problems since they're just rolling computers and the chip shortage is forcing all the manufacturers to reboot but travel trailers?
Gammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 11:14 PM   #6

Since a good portion of RV stuff comes from china and with covid and the tariffs the supply of materials to make parts is impacted greatly.
In order to make AC's, fridges, water heaters or simply acquire the steel or tires is a challenge.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 05:06 AM   #7

I had an ACE hardware owner tell me in December that one of the many supply chain issues is the massive backlog of shipping containers at ports. That is, unloaded or waiting to be unloaded and thereís a manpower problem getting them moved in a timely fashion.
Old 03-04-2021, 08:30 AM   #8

I know in the residential world, there have been supply problems with building materials and home appliances, so I'm sure those same issues exists with RVs. Lumber prices have increased significantly. Couple all that with workers having to quarantine for extended time periods, and the difficulty getting workers in general (a friend who is a general contractor tells me he can't get people to come to work now because they're getting paid as much or more to stay home and do nothing, thanks to extended unemployment and increased benefits from COVID "relief"), and it's not surprise things are backed up. I wouldn't expect another line to be any better. Having said that, we were in central Florida 2 weeks ago, and the RV lots there were teaming with TT's. Maybe you can find one already made that might suit.
jergle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 09:48 AM   #9

I might just have to wait it out to get what I ordered rather than be hasty. The price of new models also went up a lot since I ordered my last one.
Old 03-04-2021, 01:53 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardvark16 View Post
I might just have to wait it out to get what I ordered rather than be hasty. The price of new models also went up a lot since I ordered my last one.
Probably your best bet
Old 03-07-2021, 08:18 AM   #11

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I was at the OutdoorsRV factory in September and they had a whole lot with maybe 60 finished trailers that all were missing some component or other. It has been next to impossible to find ACs for months and other stuff like fans, awning brackets you name it. The whole chain is slow.
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 03:04 PM   #12

We placed the order with the dealer in late October, and our TT arrived at the dealer a couple weeks ago. I guess either we got our order in just in time, or maybe it depends on the manufacturer.

If you live in the north, the good news is that it is only early March, and a lot can change in the next couple months. If you live in the south, well I know that delay has got to hurt.

Best of luck to you.
ArcticGabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 09:20 PM   #13

My homeís over-the-range microwave crapped out. Researched in CR and chose the model I wanted. Went to our local Spencerís appliance store and of about 25 models or so on display, only 3 were available in a reasonable time frame and not what I wanted! So, yes, there is a shortage of anything from China so you take what you can get right now.
Old 03-14-2021, 12:27 PM   #14

Send a message via AIM to mike.t Send a message via MSN to mike.t Send a message via Yahoo to mike.t
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardvark16 View Post
I ordered a new Jayco trailer in November. They said it would be ready by February, and then it was March or April. Today they are telling me June. Anyone else have these issues? Itís hard to not switch to another brand at this point. I can probably get a Grand Design again or Forest River. Sometimes the universe tells you things.
seems to be everywhere,