Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-18-2012, 10:36 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
Trailer control is easier with a short distance between the hitch ball and the rear axle as in a short box or a standard van. A long wheel base will give an over all better ride, but will suffer a bit due to the long distance between the rear axle and the hitch ball.

Ken
Just a FYI on that. My 2011 F350 specs show the exact same rear overhang for the short bed and the long bed, 52.4". Of course the LB has a longer wheelbase at an additional 16.2" so in this case it would seem the LB to be preferred over the SB...but of course only when comparing these two configurations.

I do not know if GM and Dodge have similar overhang specs.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2012, 03:06 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
jj141979 for what it is worth. I too am going to get the left handed Husky sway bar.

I read the thread and looked at conversion to the Reese dual cam. it looks like a good product but since the set up I have is new (dealer recommended) I am just going with the extra sway bar and not a retro fit to Reese. If money were not an issue I might have tried it. I don't get much sway as it is but from reading this thread anything over 24 or 26 should have 2 bars. I right at 32 foot range 8000 LBs so I am getting a second Left hand one. Ordered it yesterday for aprox 55 bucks off of amazon.
jlee815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:29 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlee815 View Post
jj141979 for what it is worth. I too am going to get the left handed Husky sway bar.

I read the thread and looked at conversion to the Reese dual cam. it looks like a good product but since the set up I have is new (dealer recommended) I am just going with the extra sway bar and not a retro fit to Reese. If money were not an issue I might have tried it. I don't get much sway as it is but from reading this thread anything over 24 or 26 should have 2 bars. I right at 32 foot range 8000 LBs so I am getting a second Left hand one. Ordered it yesterday for aprox 55 bucks off of amazon.
Thats exactly how I think! Im just going to get the Left side for 50 or 60 bucks!
Old 03-29-2012, 06:07 AM   #18

I'm thinking of going the same route with the left handed sway bar I hope it helps because I can feel a deference with this new camper , amd its a hole lot cheaper than a new hitch . Only draw back is you have to remove them when backing up, but its a small price to pay. Let me know how it turns out
Jace Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:13 PM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Will do. received it today, installing on Saturday and taking a about a 100 Mile trip on Sunday so I should be able to tell a difference or not and report back.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:51 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hello,
Installed the left hand sway bar. I like it, and I do have less sway now. Dealer didn't recommend it. No real reason given outside of I didn't require one. I disagreed and installed anyway. The load handles noticeably better with it. I did about 240 Miles RT in a variety of metro areas with tons of 18 wheeler and on steep grades and switch backs with wind.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:53 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj141979 View Post
I think for what it cost I will buy another Husky Sway bar. Only this one will be a left handed model. I already got the right handed one. Thanks for the info!!
If you can't get a left handed sway bar, simply get another right handed one and remove the slide bar and turn it over and reinsert it, Viola, now you have a sway bar that will work as a left handed one. Thats what I did.