Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-31-2020, 02:29 PM   #1

Dometic control board woes

New to the forum tried to find this via search but no luck. Working on a 2005 starcraft aruba dometic 5280 fridge. Lower control board went out. So camping world sold me a universal got it put in works great on electric but no gas. So then i installed the reignitor now the fridge will light on gas but wont stay lit and after 3 cycles throws a check light is anyone familiar with installing the universal boards am i still missing a part. Any help is much appreciated. Cheers
Mcmotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2020, 03:45 PM   #2

Welcome to iRV2

Sorry your first post is about problems .

This sounds like the control board is not getting proper feed back from the flame area , to confirm ignition .
The three cycles, then warning is normal , if the board doesn't see the flame.

I'll see if I can find a manual for your model with diagnostics to see if I missed anything.

What is the replacement board brand ?
Old 08-31-2020, 03:54 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcmotorsport View Post
New to the forum tried to find this via search but no luck. Working on a 2005 starcraft aruba dometic 5280 fridge. Lower control board went out. So camping world sold me a universal got it put in works great on electric but no gas. So then i installed the reignitor now the fridge will light on gas but wont stay lit and after 3 cycles throws a check light is anyone familiar with installing the universal boards am i still missing a part. Any help is much appreciated. Cheers
The igniter probe is also the flame sensor and if the probe is not within the flame, the gas valve will shut down.

Note, some refrigerators, including the one I have which is a NDR 1402, also have a separate thermocouple that senses the flame. Not being familiar with your model, there may or may not be a separate flame sensor. Regardless, the symptoms indicate the control board is not getting the "flame proving" signal and is shutting off the gas.

First, get visual access to the burner/igniter and have someone turn on the refrigerator. Note what happens, carefully. There should be a notable "clunk" from the gas valve and a simultaneous "ticking" of the igniter with a strong spark. The burner should ignite and the flame should surround the igniter probe.

Run the above check and report back. If everything operates correctly but the burner still goes out, then the connections to the control board or even the board may be faulty.
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 04:35 PM   #4

No such Dometic Model *5280
Must be a typo.
Please correct model number

3X attempt to light then lock out is due to Flame Proving NOT being sensed by circuit board either via spark electrode or a thermocouple

Correct model number will help get specific info about that reigniter circuit and flame proving

Also include brand/model of those 'universal boards'-----universals are not always compatible with upper display boards.
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 01:08 PM   #5

Old-biscuit Sorry for the number mix up. It is a dometic DM2652.
Using a dometic re ignitor part number 2941132019
Camping world lower control board: brand dometic. Part number 330874.002 item number: 25392. The new control board has a prong marked flame. Since my fridge needed the reignitor my ignitor/flame sensor is no longer connected to the board directly. Do i need to add a flame sensor to correct the issue i am having since the new board has a flame plug on it?
Old 09-03-2020, 01:56 PM   #6

Quote:
Old-biscuit Sorry for the number mix up. It is a dometic DM2652.
Using a dometic re ignitor part number 2941132019
Camping world lower control board: brand dometic. Part number 330874.002 item number: 25392. The new control board has a prong marked flame. Since my fridge needed the reignitor my ignitor/flame sensor is no longer connected to the board directly. Do i need to add a flame sensor to correct the issue i am having since the new board has a flame plug on it?

DM2652 ------ same as a RM model. Ran out of production numbers so they went to DM
You have the correct reignitor part.
That lower board IS a replacement part but needs to be installed using the wiring harness that came with the kit

The spark electrode ONLY provides high voltage spark for ignition of the gas
Reignitor gets 12VDC from same wire that goes to gas solenoid (Yellow)
Reignitor sends High Voltage DC to spark electrode (Grey)
Reignitor ties into chassis ground strip/screw (Black)

Flame sensing/flame proving is done using a 'thermocouple' which is mounted just above burner
2 wires from thermocouple
ONE goes to J4 terminal on that universal board
ONE goes to J10 terminal on that universal board

Here is the Installation Instructions for that Universal Board (which you should have gotten with board)
http://techsupport.pdxrvwholesale.co...-Procedure.pdf

Dometic 2932052018 is thermocouple part number if you don't have one
https://www.amazon.com/MC-2932052018.../dp/B00C5TEV40
Old 09-03-2020, 05:27 PM   #7

Thank you. My local camping world gave me no info and a bad copy of those instructions. They also didnt give me any info on needing the reignitor or the thermocouple. Your help and insight is greatly appreciated. I will post as soon as it i. Installed and running
Old 09-03-2020, 08:42 PM   #8

Quote:
Thank you. My local camping world gave me no info and a bad copy of those instructions. They also didnt give me any info on needing the reignitor or the thermocouple. Your help and insight is greatly appreciated. I will post as soon as it i. Installed and running
Camping World.........not surprised.

Tags
dometic