Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-31-2011, 05:27 PM   #1

Dump Station at Home

Has anyone had a dump station tapped onto their home sticks and bricks sewer system? I had a plumbing problem, and they had to break into the cast iron pipe in front of our home. Afterward, They put a clean out pipe in our flower bed. I had the bright idea that we could run a pipe down the side of the house, and tie into that, and use it for a dump site when I backed the travel trailer into the yard, or when we used the trailer at home, for in yard camp outs. (practice runs, company, ect) Fuel is expensive!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2011, 05:55 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Been there, done that. For almost a year we stayed down in east Texas at the in law's place, I ran four 10 ft flexible lines about 40 ft to one of the two clean-outs on the the main house. We were about two feet higher were we were parked. Worked fine.
VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 06:07 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
I do it at home. My sewer clean out is in a flower bed in the backyard about 30 ft from the MH parking pad.
Hipshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 06:25 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My septic out here in the boonies is under my driveway. It's 2ft under the the blacktop. I installed a case iron manhole and cover.....I just pull in and dump.
jlyon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 06:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wire Wrat View Post
Has anyone had a dump station tapped onto their home sticks and bricks sewer system? I had a plumbing problem, and they had to break into the cast iron pipe in front of our home. Afterward, They put a clean out pipe in our flower bed. I had the bright idea that we could run a pipe down the side of the house, and tie into that, and use it for a dump site when I backed the travel trailer into the yard, or when we used the trailer at home, for in yard camp outs. (practice runs, company, ect) Fuel is expensive!
I stay at my son's home often and his clean out is 43 feet away and slightly uphill. I use Sewer Solution and it works great.

SewerSolution

I picked up one on Ebay for under 80 bucks and love it.

Bob

Southern California
BZam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 06:52 PM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Some building codes say you can only hook one sewer up, BUT you can have as many "cleanouts"as you want. So..........
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 07:04 PM   #7

When our architect designed our home (stucco, no bricks...) we planned for a 70' RV drive. Has power hookup, water & sewer "cleanout". We had an ornate wrought iron & wood gate built, making it a very private setting. We come home from a trip, close the gate behind it, dump tanks, etc. The coach is ready to go at any time, and it's an excellent guest house.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:07 PM   #8

When we built our home, it installed an outside cleanout, right where I can park the motorhome. I also installed a hose bib for water, and an electrical box, with 50 amp, 30 amp, and 20 amp electric box. It also has a coax connector to tie into my cable tv from the house. In other words, full hook up for our motorhome or friends who have an rv, so they can hook up. Works great! We get back from a trip, I back in, dump and flush the tanks, and I am done. A little planning makes life a lot easier...
Mike Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 07:53 PM   #9

Freightliner Owners Club
if you had a,lets say 20 acre pasture what would you do?
DBOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 08:10 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBOL View Post
if you had a,lets say 20 acre pasture what would you do?
My Dad had over 3,000 acres of pasture. He installed a septic tank.
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 08:45 PM   #11

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
One of my friends use to take his RV for a drive in his neighbours pasture to dump his tanks. Yes he was living full time in his RV.
Old 12-31-2011, 09:02 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Jimm,

Did the exact same thing at my Brother-in Laws house. Worked great. Also last summer I did a sewer connection into a septic tank at my brother's house so we have multiple places to visit and have full hooks ups. the septic tank connection was easy since they are desiged with a knock out on all corners just higher than the exit hole. Ain't it fun full timin and mouchin off relatives?

Ted
teddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:10 PM   #13
RNW

Vintage RV Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
I have a parking pad at home with 30 amp. water, sewer & cable. It makes it nice after a weekend of camping to come home!
RNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:00 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Just had mine installed. THe plumber ran a 4" line from the new garage pad to the existing sewer line. City inspected it and signed off on it. I had it put in a casing with removable lid flush with the garage floor. Installed a hose bib in the same casing.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote