Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2012, 07:44 AM   #1

eek leak

Making my 4th trip with my 2010 WCV 30 keystone cougar this week but this is my first wet trip. It has rained two days straight with no wind. And I unfortunately discovered that my trailer has leaked on the floor around the bedroom closet partition and possibly under the dresser. I bought the unit new in July of 2011 and have been happy so far but I have worked to get it dried out with towels and a fan but the carpet was soaked along the edge of the one side of the closet and now its raining again! I've called keystone and my dealer and will be taking it in this weekend but wondered if anyone has guidance about 1 what could this leak's origin be (doesn't seem to be coming down the interior walls from above) and 2 how best to deal with the manufacturer since this must be a structural problem and I've had it just over a year. I keep it parked beside my house and of course it has been rained on at home but I never checked the carpet for leaks. I keep my a/c on at home just for humidity but no smells from mildue have been noticed. Thanks for any insight!
rllwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2012, 08:00 AM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Seam leak around the v shaped nose? How's the roof look above that area?
Old 09-06-2012, 09:18 AM   #3

eek leak

Thanks a possibility although can't see a problem on the roof. I'm worried also about water in the walls if it is coming through the seam. Your thoughts?
rllwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club

Roofs need yearly or 6 month maintenance. Seams and items that penetrate the roof need inspection for cracks and places water can enter. Use of Dicor self leveling caulk is a normal part of my 6 month roof inspection. The seams and roof of an RV are subject to weather AND movement, so constant monitoring is important. Good luck and I hope you've caught it before damage to structure occurs.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak