Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2021, 05:40 PM   #1

Electrical Question Winnebago 2529RG

In closing up our trailer for the season I unplugged the campground power from the trailer. I then went inside the trailer and put on the lights in the kitchen area and they came on for an instant and then went out. Is this a case of a fuse blowing? At the end of our season, I generally do not go inside the unit once I disconnect the power, but having a solar panel I thought I would see how well it worked and see how much it drew down the battery? I guess this was somewhat of a newbie mistake. My guess is that I blow a fuse but have not gone back as of yet to verify. Am I correct in this assumption? Thanks in advance.
Murph362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2021, 05:54 PM   #2

Solar does not draw down the battery ...it charges it

Lighting is DC
So did you turn off the Battery Disconnect Switch?

Could be a blown DC fuse.
And if it is...WHY did it Blow (Short in light/wiring?)

Easier to find/fix the issue NOW while it is still fresh in your mind and not wait until next year

Do other DC items work?
OR just the lights not working?
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, electrical, winnebago