Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-02-2021, 10:37 AM   #1

Equalizers

So I'm on a search for equalizers to replace the stock ones on our 2020 328RLS Outback. I know everyone has opinions, and I understand that. But does anyone have opinions that are based on any criteria, research, evaluations, etc etc? Of course cost is a consideration, so I'm looking for good value, ie, a good product for a good price, not necessarily the cheapest, and not necessarily the best.
gzgoodguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-02-2021, 10:55 AM   #2

I have the CR3000 as OEM on my TT. It's been in use for 2.5 seasons and looks fine. I'd buy another when it wears out.
My TT also has OEM shocks and literally floats down the road.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 09:41 PM   #3

In part, it depends on the size and shape of the existing equalizer. You want something that the attach points for the shackles and the pivot fall out about where the original solid equalizer does now. I have looked at every single "rubber" or "cushioned" equalizer on the market, MoRyde, Lippert, Dexter, and none of them come close to my rather odd equalizer and shackles. Anything I could install would tend to lower the trailer, and its already too low.

I have actually read complaints about the MoRyde units, that the rubber in them didn't last long, But you need to read the reviews, on Etrailer.com and anywhere else you can find reviews on them.

This set here comes real close for me...... https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Lea.../LC696740.html

And while not a fan of Lippert products, I actually do like the design of these, but no telling how good they really are.

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed std cab long bed Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. Previous, Being repaired and will be sold, is a 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180. SOLD - 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.
CharlesinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 06:01 AM   #4

We had Equa-Flex equalizers on a 25' trailer for eight years before we traded it and I just put the same ones on our current trailer because they improve the ride drastically. Also went to new shackles and wet bolts all around. That is something I did not do on the other trailer. We have not been anywhere since the change but I expect the results to be similar to the other trailer. Whatever you pick, it will be a noticeable improvement.
Martian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 03:32 PM   #5

Recently installed Lippert Road Armors on my TT. Found a great price on an 'open box' from Amazon. Also installed wet boltswith bronze bushings. Only one trip so far, very happy with it. Looks like Amazon is currently sold out.

My wife even commented the trailer 'doesn't seem to be bouncing the truck as much as usual'... she had forgotten I installed the Road Armors and noticed the difference without asking.
jrollf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 10:05 AM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Replaced the factory originals with the Mor Ryde CRE 3000. Has worked well and they seem to be standard now on the newer models of our trailer.
Super Thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 11:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martian View Post
We had Equa-Flex equalizers on a 25' trailer for eight years before we traded it and I just put the same ones on our current trailer because they improve the ride drastically. Also went to new shackles and wet bolts all around. That is something I did not do on the other trailer. We have not been anywhere since the change but I expect the results to be similar to the other trailer. Whatever you pick, it will be a noticeable improvement.
--------------
I did the same as the old bolts were worn out, the new shackles are heavier. etrailer.com
I like the result, but it is personal... no 'official' study, just the opinion of others. Isn't that really the same thing as a 'study'?
garywilson is online now   Reply With Quote