Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-14-2019, 12:20 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdoorider View Post
Everyone has their own likes and the purple light thingy kinda fits what you are saying. The cabinetry appears to be good quality and the soft touch drawers are a nice touch.

What I meant by that is they talk about the flooring, back splash, lighting, etc. But nothing on the roof, wall construction, r-value. Yea, it looks nice, but need more info on its construction. One thing I did notice is some cheap looking vinyl trim where the roof, and walls meet. If it’s quality construction there is no need for it.
bneukam is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2019, 02:05 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bneukam View Post
What I meant by that is they talk about the flooring, back splash, lighting, etc. But nothing on the roof, wall construction, r-value. Yea, it looks nice, but need more info on its construction. One thing I did notice is some cheap looking vinyl trim where the roof, and walls meet. If it’s quality construction there is no need for it.
All great points
cdoorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 07:59 AM   #17

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bneukam View Post
Good points indeed, but a very innovative approach to building a trailer which I find refreshing. I wonder if they would allow a tour of their factory? They definitely used some higher end products in the construction so I would be surprised if the frame, insulation etc is poor quality but who knows at this point.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 08:30 AM   #18

You want innovative, Off Road?

https://youtu.be/_aPWnXpdLkc
Old 02-16-2019, 08:41 AM   #19

Or the big brother...anything else is just the same poop, different smell, including the Evoke...

Old 02-17-2019, 03:48 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoLeafsGo View Post
You want innovative, Off Road?

https://youtu.be/_aPWnXpdLkc
Pretty slick if I was preparing for the apocalypse, but overkill for taking my grandkids to the local lake/campground.

A lot of new interesting trailers coming out, the Nucamp Avia is yet another and it looks to be top notch construction. The more choices the better and I really like some of these new fresh ideas.

Old 02-18-2019, 09:57 AM   #21

Yes, being able to level a trailer using its suspension is "apocalyptic"... Meanwhile shoving pieces of lumber/plastic under a trailer to level is super safe for the grandparents at the lake.
Old 02-19-2019, 04:42 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoLeafsGo View Post
Yes, being able to level a trailer using its suspension is "apocalyptic"... Meanwhile shoving pieces of lumber/plastic under a trailer to level is super safe for the grandparents at the lake.
Not sure I understand your post, sarcasm?

I simply stated it's a nice trailer, super rugged and if that's your thing, good for you. As for my wife and I, we are generally looking for something a little more comfortable to stay in while boating at the lake. We also plan to winter in one coming back home spring, summer and fall. The trailer you showed is awesome looking, especially if I was camping or hunting off grid.
Old 02-19-2019, 04:46 PM   #23

https://youtu.be/Kqz-l-vYu0w
Old 10-12-2019, 04:44 PM   #24

Evokes do look interesting

We've got a Jayco hybrid that we'll outgrow in a few years when I retire and we can fulltime--or at least fulltime for several months to get out of Texas in Summer! I've been frustrated by the weight and cost of Airstream versus the old and frankly, ugly brown look of so many of the trailers, including our amazingly functional but grandmotherly-styled Jayco. While yeah, the purple light thing was a bit much for me and I loathe "indoor fireplaces," I appreciated the styling and it was the first thing I've looked at for price/styling/floorplan specs where I got excited. I'm sad that no one has posted a yeah or nay on experience of owning one. Has anyone seen any reviews from owners anywhere? Does anyone know if they offer a cold weather package?
kelmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 04:33 PM   #25

So, I went and looked at an Evoke Model A last weekend. Short answer--the company went bust AND the RV is a dud. Two AC units on a 24 foot trailer=50 amp not 30, fridge isn't a three-way it's electric only, so not suitable for boondocking even for one night. Also the couch was super cheap (no worse than other brands, I was just hoping for better) and the countertops were the kind of cheap plastic that is highly likely to scratch, burn and show permanent wear pretty quickly. Not well thought out at all. What a shame.
kelmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 08:44 AM   #26

It appears they just consolidated their manufacturing.

https://www.goshennews.com/news/busi...34a106ce8.html
pktrusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 12:22 PM   #27

they make 24ft airstreams 50A and 2 A/C. so dont let that persuade you
consolenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 05:15 AM   #28

Not sure what you mean by they make the airstream 24ft. Travel lite makes parts for the airstream or are you saying airstream makes trailers so its worth avoiding travel lite?
pktrusty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer, travel, travel trailer