Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2012, 08:51 PM   #15

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Unless the "warranty" was sold by the manufacturer it isn't "bumper to bumper". There are so many exclusions that, as someone said earlier, it's like a 10# onion bag.
Maintenance items are never covered. Don't change the water heater anode (if yours requires it) no coverage. Brake magnets probably aren't covered, if they stick and ruin the shoes and drums then nothing is covered (probably under the "if a non-covered part causes a covered part to fail, then neither is covered). Don't have the refer maintenance done by a certified shop, then there's probably no coverage on the refer.
There are more exclusions and reasons to negate coverage than you can shake a stick at.
The contract was written by attorneys to make the seller money. If they don't make money the go out of business (and lots of them have).
Also be wary of the seller that charges you for the contract, then never pays for it. You only find out when you go to use it, again, no coverage.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2012, 10:13 PM   #16

Negotiated our extended warranty into the price and so far have incurred approx $5000.00 in covered repair work. Glad we got the extended warranty.
Monacoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:37 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
If you decide to move forward with an extended warranty look for an exclusionary policy that allows to you to add a consequential damages waiver.

Try Wholesale Warranties they broker different companies and will allow you to comparison shop with ease.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:02 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Take a look at this link
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/opini...rs-109409.html
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:22 AM   #19

My starter went out while on a trip, it was Sat. and their office wasn't open,
so no chance to get pre-authorization they want.
I paid the $450 repair bill and the ext. service company did pay me back,
no deductible.
But I had to have the repair company re-submit the bill 3 times in order to
have everything printed on it that the ext. service company wanted.
At least now I know how their system works and I've gotten part of my
money back...

Sequim Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:54 AM   #20

Phoenix American paid over $10k when my engine blew, speedo broke and the AC compressor had a slight leak. My cost: $100 deduct and $120 for a new dryer and expansion valve for the AC.

If you have a deductible, and can wait, don't take it in for repair till you have multiple items. The deductible is for each time you take it in, not for each item.

My 4/48 policy was $4500. Not much it doesn't cover.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:28 AM   #21

We used United States Warranty Extended Service Protection Corp. Their website is www.uswceagle.com They offered an exclusionary policy that is much easier to deal with in my opinion. They also will negotiate on the price.

They are not affiliated with the Florida or Texas based companies with similar names but not similar reputations.

Joe
Old 05-31-2012, 03:08 PM   #22

First of all, never purchase one from a dealer. They often have a 100% profit margin. Go directly to the extended warranty corporate site, and check it out with the BBB. United States Warranty Corporation (United States Warranty Corporation : Extended Service Protection), for example, is rated A+ in claims service--really the most important aspect when you get right down to it. For a new travel trailer, 7 years all mechanical/electrical/gas parts and labor coverage is about $900, and you can get deductibles as low as $50.
Kenko74 is offline   Reply With Quote