Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2021, 06:43 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Pelletier View Post

- I'd also give strong consideration to a custom bike loader to put it in the back of the truck.

Dave

Thats actually the route i am considering going! I have already posted this earlier in the thread but I will post it here again.
https://youtu.be/1G1uqo06ASA
workshoprat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2021, 06:48 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by NITEHAWK View Post
I have to say:"DO what you want to do." (You will anyway)
There are people who ask for advice and then insist they know everything, so they ignore the advice.
BUT, please let us know if and when you might be coming to Wisconsin so I can tell my family and friends to stay off the roads.

Thank you for that great bit of wisdom! I make a yearly trip to Wisconsin to attend Oshkosh! I greatly look forward to and appreciate you and your family not being on the road for that two week period I am there! I also expect you to be vaccinated and wear your mask! Thanks so much!
Old 11-24-2021, 06:53 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Pelletier View Post

If you still want to do the trailer mod, you may have more luck checking with an extreme offroad forum as I've seen many setups like this in those applications with the extra space used for a jeep, etc. though most of those are campers/trailers on a car hauler trailer or gooseneck.

Dave

Thats a very good idea checking that forum. Thank you!
Old 11-24-2021, 11:01 AM   #46

bottom line, if you do and decide it isn't what you wanted, are you prepared to give the camper away? its either that or wait for that 1 in a 10,000 to come along. clearly you can do it.

here is another idea........ have you looked at any of the genesis overnighters? i owned one. with there upgraded axles they have a 5k lb ccc.

Overnighter Toy Haulers
dsrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 11:02 AM   #47

you could always add a gooseneck front end to that camper and extend the floor at the same time. i am referring to your extension project.

here is a video of the overnighter toyhauler i owned and sold.
https://youtu.be/51m3sJqmAQw
dsrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 11:40 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrace View Post
you could always add a gooseneck front end to that camper and extend the floor at the same time. i am referring to your extension project.

here is a video of the overnighter toyhauler i owned and sold.
https://youtu.be/51m3sJqmAQw

Yes we looked at many toy haulers and they all had the same problems. Non of them had a floorplan we liked. Much like yours the camper part is to small and the toy hauler part is to big for what we need. Then they all cost quite a bit more for what you get!

A fifth wheel is just not an option as i need to be able to pull it with my dump truck for out of town work also!
Old 12-01-2021, 10:15 PM   #49

A bit of topic - but why do Harley-Davidsons sound like ducks farting?
Collyn
Collyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 08:01 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collyn View Post
Collyn

I think the bigger question is what are you doing to the poor ducks you would know what thier farts sounds like? Dont know that I can say i have ever heard a duck fart!
Old 12-02-2021, 10:29 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collyn View Post
Collyn
Bigger question is 'What do Harleys and dogs have in common?'

They both like to ride in the back of trucks.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 02:59 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsfan View Post
Bigger question is 'What do Harleys and dogs have in common?'

They both like to ride in the back of trucks.

OR -- whats the difference between a Harley and a Hoover vacuum?

A-- location of the dirt bag!

Tags
ace, trailer, motor