Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2020, 07:05 PM   #1

Fantastic fan Installation

I have two vents in my 2019 windjammer. Only one has a fantastic fan I want to install another. Do I have to get the whole assembly and remove the existing vent lid?
I installed two on another trailer and what a pain to remove the existing vent.

Anybody know of a kit that does not include the vent lid but everything below it?
The electrical is there, so no issues with that.
Ted Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2020, 07:12 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
I believe the lid is an integral part of the unit and will have to be changed with the new fan.
https://enjoying-life.net
Spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 07:22 PM   #3

I installed the Vortex II by Henge which will also fit the Ventline as well. Remove the crank and existing screen (from the inside) connect your wires, mount it, done. The crank has two positions. Inner position for Ventline, outer position for Henge. Mine are on their 2nd summer running pretty much 24/7. Found them on Amazon. BTW, 3 exhaust speeds. 2 intake speeds.
Old 07-21-2020, 07:26 PM   #4

WOW, just checked Amazon, and the price for the Vortex II has really gone up since I bought mine.
Old 07-21-2020, 08:23 PM   #5

They work on power lid enclosures as well with little modification in under 2 min. Love my vortex however I want to cut a hole and add a fantastic
vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 12:43 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad757 View Post
I installed the Vortex II by Henge which will also fit the Ventline as well. Remove the crank and existing screen (from the inside) connect your wires, mount it, done. The crank has two positions. Inner position for Ventline, outer position for Henge. Mine are on their 2nd summer running pretty much 24/7. Found them on Amazon. BTW, 3 exhaust speeds. 2 intake speeds.
Thank you I will look at this!
Ted Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 09:25 PM   #7

Buy the FANTASTIC FAN and pull out the old one and install the new one. Really simple. New butyl tape then self leveling sealer. Also purchase the covers for both units if you need to. Get the Fantastic covers not the cheap ones.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan, install