Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-18-2019, 01:30 PM   #43

Forest River Owners Club
That depends on your tongue weight of your TT. I would go with the heavy duty just for future proofing and because you already have an HD truck. You can use the kit for heavy payloads of all types. Not just towing.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2019, 02:29 PM   #44

Outdoors RV Owners Club
You have a 3/4 ton pickup. Do you really think you need the 7,500 pound version? If you really do, maybe you actually really need a one ton pickup?

A properly spec'd and set up weight distribution hitch might negate any benefit of the air springs for towing an RV, but the air springs will be great for heavy cargo in the back of the pickup whether towing or not.

I have a 2500, and frequently carry a lot of stuff in the bed of the pickup (generators, gas cans, dog food, water, ad nauseum), but my weight distribution hitch is set up right and the whole vehicle rides level and smooth.
Old 03-18-2019, 02:56 PM   #45

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanion2 View Post
That depends on your tongue weight of your TT. I would go with the heavy duty just for future proofing and because you already have an HD truck. You can use the kit for heavy payloads of all types. Not just towing.
That was kind of my thoughts as well. The TT dry weight is 7300lbs.
TT_TR250RDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 02:59 PM   #46

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigmess View Post
You have a 3/4 ton pickup. Do you really think you need the 7,500 pound version? If you really do, maybe you actually really need a one ton pickup?

A properly spec'd and set up weight distribution hitch might negate any benefit of the air springs for towing an RV, but the air springs will be great for heavy cargo in the back of the pickup whether towing or not.

I have a 2500, and frequently carry a lot of stuff in the bed of the pickup (generators, gas cans, dog food, water, ad nauseum), but my weight distribution hitch is set up right and the whole vehicle rides level and smooth.

A new truck will definitely be in the future, but for now, I do not have the funds. The TT weighs 7300lbs. I honestly do not plan to do much traveling with the TT in the first year due to my truck situation. I do however usually have the bed of my truck fully loaded with Two dirtbikes, gas, camping gear, cooler, etc etc.

I was not aware of the weight distribution hitch. I will have to investigate this product.
Old 03-18-2019, 03:05 PM   #47

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I am also sure this question can be found on the forum elsewhere, but I had a quick search and was finding a lot of close results but nothing really what I am looking for.

Surge protectors. I need a 30amp one. Does anyone have any suggestions for a quality product?

Potable water hoses - A lot of hoses I have found that are BPA, Lead etc, etc free all have fairly crappy reviews. Any suggestion on potable water hose?
Old 03-18-2019, 04:35 PM   #48

Forest River Owners Club
Let me just say something about WDHs. They do help you ride level when towing and are definitely recommended for towing. That being said, I have yet to date found any that I have used to improve ride quality. Both your TV axles are loaded with the tongue weight and tend to make the ride more jarring in my experience.

The beautiful thing about the air bag kit is it definitely makes the ride smoother. So much so that I pretty much add a kit to every TV I have owned since. On my current TV I went with a Timbren bump stop setup and regret it. An air ride system is in the near future just for towing comfort reasons.
Old 03-18-2019, 04:45 PM   #49

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT_TR250RDS View Post
I am also sure this question can be found on the forum elsewhere, but I had a quick search and was finding a lot of close results but nothing really what I am looking for.

Surge protectors. I need a 30amp one. Does anyone have any suggestions for a quality product?

Potable water hoses - A lot of hoses I have found that are BPA, Lead etc, etc free all have fairly crappy reviews. Any suggestion on potable water hose?
Progressive Industries makes a 30 A surge protector for about $90 that works inline of the shore cable. Anything that you have to hardwire will cost significantly more but won't walk away from your campsite when you're not looking.

As for white water hoses, I am not sure what there is to complain about. Most are probably user error reviews so I wouldn't worry that much about it. Most home improvement stores will have some you can look at and decide from there.
Old 03-18-2019, 07:58 PM   #50

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Look at the Hughes Autoformer with built in surge protection. It might help pay for itself in just a couple of summers.

https://hughesautoformers.com/
Old 03-18-2019, 08:16 PM   #51

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT_TR250RDS View Post
I was not aware of the weight distribution hitch. I will have to investigate this product.
https://www.etrailer.com/tv-weight_d...ion_faq.aspx#/
Old 03-19-2019, 09:13 AM   #52

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigmess View Post
Look at the Hughes Autoformer with built in surge protection. It might help pay for itself in just a couple of summers.

https://hughesautoformers.com/

Wow, that is a nice unit. Bit pricey, but seems much quality and protection for the TT over the others I have seen in the $300 range.
Old 03-20-2019, 06:18 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott534 View Post
When we just purchased our new 2019 Nash, I drove 8 hours out of state to pick it up. I've had a few things that needed to be serviced under warranty, but due to the long distance from the dealer, Northwood (Nash) offered me the option of finding a local dealer in my area or fixing the issues myself and they would send the new parts. I opted for the latter.....which worked out perfect.

I have a very detailed Pre-Delivery Checklst that I can send you if you want to PM me. It is too long to post here. It will at least give you a starting point to checking everything out prior to pulling off the dealer lot.
Can you email me your pre-delivery list. Thx Marv White email: whiteway2343@gmail.com I going to buy a winnebago micro mini 2106DS
Snomas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 08:22 AM   #54

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Well everyone, the trailer is on site, leveled and de winterized. I’m sure I’ll have a million questions more, but I will try to search the forum some first and get some pictures up.

Thank you everyone for all the great help.
Old 04-05-2019, 08:53 AM   #55

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I will post some questions in here while I search around and while I snag some pics.

1. What’s the best way to get rid of the shaking and rocking? If with stabilizers down and wheels chocked (with wood) they trailer rocks front to back and side to side when walking around. Even the dog Moving around is noticeable.

2. I have a bunch of glass wear in the cabinets. I was thinking how if I took this trailer down a bumpy road. I would get inside after the travels and all this glass would be broke. Does everyone just use plastic cups, dishes, etc?

3. My grey tank is already filled from de winterizing and washing some dishes. If I pull the grey valve hand to open. If that just dumping the grey tank into the black? At that point is it required that I empty the black right away or can I wait till it is 3/4 full before doing so?

4. Anyone have any tips or tricks for getting maximum utilization out of cabinet space without having to hand make customer shelving?
Old 04-05-2019, 09:06 AM   #56

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I use X Chocks for the tires and they really work well. Highly recommended. I still have some motion from myself or my dog moving around, but I've just accepted it as normal for a trailer.

Everything in the kitchen, and 99% of everything else, is some kind of unbreakable/unlikely to break/non-catastrophic material. Plastic cups, plates, utensils, etc. Can you make glass work? Sure, with a lot of preparation to move.

Are you at your own property with yard? Is it legal to dump gray water into your landscaping where you are? The gray tank drain valve will drain the tank out of the trialer, *not* into your black tank. You can dump either tank anytime you want to, but it's better to wait until the black is close to full, then the gray tank, and use plenty of water to flush the toilet whenever possible. H2o is the best black tank chemical to prevent clogs. You don't have to wait for the gray tank to fill before dumping. I'm in an RV park right now and the gray tank is always open while connected to the sewer here.