Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-10-2014, 05:16 PM   #15

Traxless; as you've undoubtedly already discovered, it's hard pulling information out of the Outdoor RV website. There are three separate layers of insulation in the roof, starting with, apparently R15 Astro Foil, then two layers of fiberglass. It would appear that the roof has substantial insulation. Their material is silent on what the roof is constructed off, so I'm guessing wood trusses, and I think the roof is rubber.

Yes, the wall frames are "bonded" aluminum, which might mean a combination of welding and bolting. They apparently have wood inserts in strategic positions for screwing cabinets, for extra strength. Between the aluminum framing is styrofoam, and you can see the nature of it in the interior seats. They use the outcuts for doors and windows as the seat bases in the dining room. In discussions with the Canadian rep in Alberta, he tells me the window and doors spaces are cut out by computer guided machines, and this means a precise fit for the frames,which is a good thing. Nice, tight, tolerances.

Mine is the 19B, but you'll have to wait for the end of next season for reliability updates. In puttering around the trailer now in storage for the winter, I continue to be impressed with the construction, and it definitely tows better than my previous trailer, a lighter Pioneer Fleetwood of similar size, and the electric brakes are definitely better.

Will be happy to post further reports at the end of next season....

Hope this helps, although not much in the way of definite confirmations. Maybe other owners who have toured the factory can kick in some comments?

Nick B
Nick B is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-10-2014, 07:30 PM   #16

Your reply was spot-on and confirmed some of my research. I couldn't find answers to some of my questions on the Outdoors RV website or in searching other RV forums. I've sent an email to OR with a list of about 3-4 questions. I'm trying to sort out the "real" advantages of the Creekside 22RB vs the same model in the Black Rock 21B. So far, the most significant difference seems to be the Creekside has four (4) shocks while the BR21B has another suspension system. The CS 22RB holds 70 gallons of fresh water vs 66 for the BR21 and a few similar differences. The construction, frame, and interior seems remarkably similar to these rookie TT eyes.

At any rate, thanks for your help.
Traxless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:43 PM   #17

Yes, the differences are hard to run down and determine. In comparing the Black Rock 19B to the equivalent Creekside at the last local RV show, I found the Creekside has a slightly better grade of interior finish, a ceiling skylight immediately above the entrance door, a small solar panel, shock absorbers, and I'm told a better grade of exterior fiberglass finish. And I THINK also had a fiberglass front cap, but I might be confusing it with the top end models. For the roughly $3,000 Cdn price difference, I'm still happy with the choice we made. Good luck with getting a factory response, you might want to consider simply phoning them?

Cheers,
Nick B
Nick B is offline   Reply With Quote