Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-03-2014, 01:57 PM   #1

First time in new camper...

it's a 2015 Keystone Laredo 299BH. Towed it to the campsite with my 2013 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi with the 3.55 gears. Towed great. Some observations:

It was a typical Florida summer weekend, that is to say HOT!! so the A/C got a good workout. It worked flawlessly. Really like the fact it is a lot quieter then my old campers

Do need to add some type of hook/shelf on the exterior to keep the outside shower nozzle off the ground. I don't like it lying on the ground.

I also noticed the propane hose for the outside kitchen is just BARELY long enough to plug into the fuel point under the camper. Gonna get an extension for that.

Any suggestions on these two points?

PHoto of truck and camper attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TruckCamperPix.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	72826  
mavagrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2014, 02:58 PM   #2

Evergreen Owners Club
very nice , I have a ram 1500 also and am looking at buying a TT around the 6000 lb dry weight , Did you need to add any type of helper springs like airbags or timberns ?

other then that how she drive on the highway ?

Thank's
mike
Old 09-03-2014, 03:42 PM   #3

Looks nice.

I know on my outside shower door when it's open it has a area to slide the Handel in to hold it.

And as far as the propane hose I bought a longer one at my rv dealer for my bbq.
Fast0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 09:36 PM   #4

Search on ' Mommy's Helper Safer Grip Portable Shower Arm' at Amazon. It is a suction cup rv shower head holder. I stick it on my window or wall of the slide.
chaps2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:15 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebrls View Post
very nice , I have a ram 1500 also and am looking at buying a TT around the 6000 lb dry weight , Did you need to add any type of helper springs like airbags or timberns ?

other then that how she drive on the highway ?

Thank's
mike
No airbags/springs, just a weight distributing hitch. I wouldn't dare tow without that. On my camper, it's the tongue weight that I worried about 830lbs, I realize the WDH can't lessen the weight but it can, and does, spread the weight between both vehicles. without it, my truck squats pretty bad, with, it is nice and level.

The truck has the power to pull my camper (she has a dry weight of 6880) while going 65 on I75, I was turning 1800-1900 rpm and getting 10.0 mpg. I watched my gauges and none of them got too hot. only issue was when vehicles passed me, I would get some buffeting, especially if it was a semi. The buffeting wasn't too bad but noticeable. My hitch (BlueOX Sway Pro) has built in sway control.
mavagrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:57 AM   #6

Nothing like towing on the edge. You wouldn't feel that sway with a 3/4 ton. My advice is to get a Hensley Arrow or Propride hitch. Your sway issues will disappear.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote