Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2021, 10:07 AM   #1

Forest River Parts

Hello,

Last year I purchased a new travel trailer. This past week I was returning home from a vacation and had the luck to experience my first trailer tire blow out. In the process my tire shredded and the wheel was damaged in the process. Anyways I'm looking to get a replacement wheel that matches what I have and then get a new set of good tires.

My question would be does anyone know who/where I can order a replacement wheel? The dealers I've been to in town are giving me the run around and wasting my time.
RVNoob101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2021, 10:11 AM   #2

I'd call Forest River and see if they can tell you where to buy the rim.
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 10:25 AM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Have had good luck call Forest River. They can get you part numbers & give you a list of local vendors to get your parts. You will be paying shipping costs plus the cost for the parts. A wheel should be easy to get.

A new trailer with "new" tires should not have blown an shredded. Look at the age of the tire. Road side hazards? Run over something? Insurance might help. I was helped by insurance covering damage for a road hazard.
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 10:36 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegd007 View Post
Have had good luck call Forest River. They can get you part numbers & give you a list of local vendors to get your parts. You will be paying shipping costs plus the cost for the parts. A wheel should be easy to get.

A new trailer with "new" tires should not have blown an shredded. Look at the age of the tire. Road side hazards? Run over something? Insurance might help. I was helped by insurance covering damage for a road hazard.
Anyone have a number for forest river i can use? i haven't had any luck finding one.
RVNoob101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 11:13 AM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Try 574-206-7600 OR 503-838-1083
I used these for my motorized Class C. Not really sure if they work for the trailer. But they should be able to redirect you.
Option Forest River Web site. Go to support. Send them an email with your information. They come back fairly quickly with an answer to your needs.

Good luck
Old 06-25-2021, 11:28 AM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Another thought. If your trailer is still under warranty. Forest River might help you on costs. Tires should also be under a factory warranty.
I had warranty issues and Forest River came through like champs. One issue came up, well more than one. BUT, on this one, I was out of warranty by 1 month. My bathroom door. Has a plastic veneer that was pealing off. Looked awful. Forest River replaced by door, for free. Sent me a new one. I paid an RV guy to install it. But I might have been able to do this, just did not want to fool with the job. Know what I mean.

Doesn't hurt to ask.

If you don't see it now you will someday. On most of these low end RV's (nothing intended here) the doors and cabinets are MDA covered in plastic veneer. Heat an use with begin to buckle an small areas of plastic will bubble. Bad glue. Bad manufacture. It just happens. Beside the door. Several area around the coach, small mostly not noticed much are doing this the coach is coming up on 3 years old. You would think they might be able to fix this issue industry wide. But its been around a long time.
Old 06-25-2021, 02:37 PM   #7

try etrailer.com
Calling Forest River is as bad as calling IRS
Old 06-26-2021, 07:51 AM   #8

My XLR Nitro has something called "No Excuses" tire and wheel warranty from Lion's Head. They have a web site with wheels, but they don't show the wheel that is on my unit. Don't know if you unit has the same or not. As far as e-mail to Forest River, good luck. I have e-mailed them more than once with questions and have never received an answer.
Bill Nourse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 09:33 AM   #9

Tire Rack

https://www.tirerack.com/content/tir.../homepage.html

Assuming you have late model trailer, the post above about warranty claim is good. However, unless it is less than a year old, you may be better off getting higher capacity tires to put on the rim.

It depends on why the tire blew. Low air pressure can cause overheating and a blow out. If so, the same size tire is probably good enough. just monitor tire pressure more often.

It is normal for old tires to blow out. The risk of failure increases with age. 5 years is a good time to start thinking about replacing them. Definitly replace them before 10 years. There is a date code on all tires. Check it out. The tires may be older than the trailer. In this case, same size tires are probably good.

Overloaded tires fail often. In this case, installing higher capacity tires on the same rim size is a good solution. Even getting bigger rims to mount higher capacity tire is possible. How much room do you have in the wheel wells? This worked for me on a trailer the repeatedly blew tires.

Weighing the trailer at a commercial scale can tell you if the tires are overloaded or close to being overloaded.

I wish you good luck and happy trails ahead!
Persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 10:36 PM   #10

Alloy wheel? look on the back, should have manufacturer's name size, load rating, etc.

I recommend RecStuff.com

They sell Sendel (very good quality) and Hi-Spec (don't know anything about them) Very good to deal with.

Go to the Sendel web site and see if you see the design there.

Aluminium Trailer Wheels | Sendel Wheels

I just bought 5 new wheels from RecStuff while in the process of converting from 5 lug to 6 lug (changed hub/drums also of course) and they had a sale price on existing stock of the wheel (clearancing a lower rated version) but discovered after I ordered that their inventory was off and they ended up having the wheels drop shipped (new higher rated version) from the manufacturer, but still gave me the good price on them.

Charles
Old 06-28-2021, 12:21 AM   #11

You can also try Discount Tire.
They were able to match a bent alloy wheel off a 20 year old PU for me.
garywilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 06:18 PM   #12

As a tech at a forest river exclusive dealership I can say that as long as you get ahold of the dealership that sold the trailer to you they should be able to get you what you need and assuming your out of your 1 year warranty, you would be responsible for all costs. But if your within your one year warranty deciding what actually caused the blowout would dictate whether or not forest river will pay for it. I know from experience that even if you buy a tire and wheel warranty it most likely won't do much good unless you have pictures and proper stories written up that puts just the tire or rim at fault for the blow out. I hope all is well and happy camping!
Bflanag8543 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, parts