Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2015, 04:26 PM   #1

From 17' Casita to 22-24 TT - Looking for well constructed brand, want to avoid poor.

Hello,
I currently have a Casita 17'travel trailer and it works for me for part time traveling.

I'm considering going solo full time and looking for a larger TT in the 22-24 foot range because it is only me and I don't stay in one place for more then 3 months.

I would like something that could handle some cold weather - but doesn't have to be a dedicated 4 season.

I'm looking for a well made/durable TT that I can live in. It should be well appointed since I'm living in it. I'm willing to pay more to avoid poorly build trailers - leaks, problematic systems.

I'm looking at something like the NASH 22H.
What I like about the trailier:
- Layout
- Couch - it is nice change from the dinette
- well equiped - solar, generator compartment
- four seasons
Northwood | Nash 22H

Or the NASH 24M
Northwood | Nash 24M

There are several negatives. First I'm in Georgia and I can only find them on the west coast. They are relatively costly, few used in the market place.

Can you suggest other manufactures I should look at with similar quality and layout to the NASH? Now I've searched the web a great deal and I am getting information overload.

I've only had the Casita and haven't had any problems with in in 9 years.

Thanks in advance.
dexters is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2015, 06:17 PM   #2

I am currently researching the same type trailers for the same type situation it sounds like. Look at Lance. I keep reading good things about them and the few I have looked at I am impressed with.
Texan0322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 07:20 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
We had a Casita too. We sold it (after a happy 5 years) and bought an Outdoors RV as indicated in my signature. We have had it just over a year, and we are very happy with it. What a luxury after the Casita!
UTTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 09:15 PM   #4

I hav a Nash 22H and I will have it forever. To me it is a sensible floor plan and gives me everything I need. I said it gives me everything I need not everything I want. Those are usually not the same thing.
Nash and Arctic Fox are two top quality trailers and you will pay more but you get what you pay for.
Stay away from Keystone and similar trailers.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 10:18 PM   #5

Jayco Owners Club
I just wish Lance made something big enough for us. The ones I've looked at appear to be very well made. I believe they have something in the size you're looking at.

Best of luck with your choice...
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 07:14 PM   #6

You could look at a used Keystone Vantage. They were built in 2012 and 2013. Keystone built these trailers to compete with the Airstream but they failed to hang in there with their fiberglass Airsteam like trailers that had one slide.

One problem you might have is they are heavy. But these are very nice trailers that were slightly over engineered. With stronger than needed 4,400 lb. axles and better than average frame.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 07:48 PM   #7

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I'm solo full-time, and I got an Outdoors RV 19b. 21ft inside, 24ft overall, light, two strong axles, two inch thick exterior walls, nice big rear window to enjoy the view. I'm very happy with my purchase. If you live where they are sold (that info isn't in your bio or signature), check them out.
Old 10-08-2015, 10:38 PM   #8

Stay away from any Keystone product if you are looking for long term happiness. They look flashy at first but that soon fades away. My brother could give you the inside story. They are not even in the same league as Airstream.
I really like the 24M but with the slide you will eventually have issues, either operation or leaks. I may have to give up some room with no slide but I'll take that over leaks, musty odors and operation issues.
Call me old fashioned but I'm happy.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 11:11 PM   #9

Buy a Minnie!

Have had my Minnie since early June and have taken it out at least a dozen times. Love it and have had nearly no issues (swapped out single 12v battery for a dual 6v system)! My Winnebago 2101FBS is a couple inches shy of 22' and I have pulled it all over Washington and Idaho with my 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk with ease! Oh, and it has a couch instead of the dinette.....You probably can still find a 2015 somewhere, or the 2016's are available of course (they have narrowed them 6" and a couple of other minor changes".
ampmtnbkr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 07:53 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigmess View Post
I'm solo full-time, and I got an Outdoors RV 19b. 21ft inside, 24ft overall, light, two strong axles, two inch thick exterior walls, nice big rear window to enjoy the view. I'm very happy with my purchase. If you live where they are sold (that info isn't in your bio or signature), check them out.
I updated my signature line.

I live in Georgia so looking at a NASH or Outdoors isn't possible.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:08 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampmtnbkr2 View Post
Have had my Minnie since early June and have taken it out at least a dozen times. Love it and have had nearly no issues (swapped out single 12v battery for a dual 6v system)! My Winnebago 2101FBS is a couple inches shy of 22' and I have pulled it all over Washington and Idaho with my 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk with ease! Oh, and it has a couch instead of the dinette.....You probably can still find a 2015 somewhere, or the 2016's are available of course (they have narrowed them 6" and a couple of other minor changes".
What was the coldest you camped in and how was it in handling the cold?
The mini does get good reviews.
Thanks
Old 10-11-2015, 08:56 PM   #12

Just got it in early June, so haven't spent much time in the cold. We have used the furnace the last three trips, though, and it has kept it plenty warm. We won't be using it this winter and have my parents farm building to store it in this winter -- not heated, but it will keep the snow and elements off of it. Thinking we may have two more trips before winterizing and putting it away for the season -- you are in Georgia, thinking of doing much freezing weather usage?
ampmtnbkr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 07:11 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampmtnbkr2 View Post
Just got it in early June, so haven't spent much time in the cold. We have used the furnace the last three trips, though, and it has kept it plenty warm. We won't be using it this winter and have my parents farm building to store it in this winter -- not heated, but it will keep the snow and elements off of it. Thinking we may have two more trips before winterizing and putting it away for the season -- you are in Georgia, thinking of doing much freezing weather usage?
Yes, I go to Colorado in March, camp at 8,000ft.
Old 10-29-2015, 02:08 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexters View Post
Hello,
I currently have a Casita 17'travel trailer and it works for me for part time traveling.

I'm considering going solo full time and looking for a larger TT in the 22-24 foot range because it is only me and I don't stay in one place for more then 3 months.

I would like something that could handle some cold weather - but doesn't have to be a dedicated 4 season.

I'm looking for a well made/durable TT that I can live in. It should be well appointed since I'm living in it. I'm willing to pay more to avoid poorly build trailers - leaks, problematic systems.

I'm looking at something like the NASH 22H.
What I like about the trailier:
- Layout
- Couch - it is nice change from the dinette
- well equiped - solar, generator compartment
- four seasons
Northwood | Nash 22H

Or the NASH 24M
Northwood | Nash 24M

There are several negatives. First I'm in Georgia and I can only find them on the west coast. They are relatively costly, few used in the market place.

Can you suggest other manufactures I should look at with similar quality and layout to the NASH? Now I've searched the web a great deal and I am getting information overload.

I've only had the Casita and haven't had any problems with in in 9 years.

Thanks in advance.
I started with a Casita some years ago and really loved it. I will be taking delivery on an Arctic Fox 32A TT. I will be selling a Nash 26X. It has been totally renovated inside with new flooring, carpet cornices, 2 Lazy Boy wall hugger recliners and 4 new tires. Other minor repairs have been made and it is in great condition. I have towed it with an F150 and now have an F250 6.7L. It is much better with the 250 diesel. The Nash 26X is 28 feet long and not as heavy as the Arctic Fox. It is very well built with thermo pane windows and well insulated tanks.