Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2021, 06:32 AM   #1

Goodyear Endurance question

Before I head to Florida at the end of the month I decided to replace the factory tires. I tried for weeks to get waited on at discount tire. My impatience, with the lack of employees. I finally got someone to answer the phone and was just asked which ones do you want. I asked what he recommended and got no answer. So based on what Iíve read and the website declaring they were the best I ordered the Endurance model. Size ST 225 75R 15.
After hanging up I had a bit of anxiety not knowing if these are right for my TT
The employee didnít know and wasnít helpful.
Iím towing a 26 foot Winnebago with a dry weight of 6300 lbs.
is there a specific model to ask for to handle the weight or am I good with just ordering the Endurance?
Iím on my own right now the way things are. The dealer I bought it at is closing down for a month since they canít get parts. Thankfully they squeezed me in for a wheel bearing packing. I thought I was being clever waiting till December to avoid the rush but guess not.
pj48009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2021, 06:40 AM   #2

Good Year Endurance tires will be great for your trailer if you can get them.
jleonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 07:45 AM   #3

Fingers crossed. They said they ordered them.
Old 12-01-2021, 09:26 AM   #4

The Endurance tires are great, you’ll get plenty of praise on here for them.

Did you buy from Discount Tire? I recently purchased the same size Endurance’s from DT, it took them a couple days to get them in, and they were able to install the tires at their store. I dropped my 24’ TT off and they changed them all without issue.
Backcountry1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 09:50 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Son-in-law put the GY Endurance tires on their 30' Winnebago Minnie Plus and no issues.
Most of the young guys in the chain tire stores only know about big tires for trucks to look cool. I have never had a lot of luck on the phone unless you get the store manager. Best bet is to go to the store, get in line and ask for the manager. They generally know their tires.

Ken
Old 12-01-2021, 11:59 AM   #6

GY Endurance are great tires. You need to find out what the load range is on them. Probably get by with D but I would want a 10 ply so load range E for me...
Old 12-01-2021, 01:39 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Blue78 View Post
GY Endurance are great tires. You need to find out what the load range is on them. Probably get by with D but I would want a 10 ply so load range E for me...
Thanks. I just called and they said they ordered load range E. Glad I checked here.
Old 12-01-2021, 03:14 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I think you will be okay for the weight. I think you will find them LR E.

Use the GY SP tire load inflation chart to air up those tires not sidewalls. But first get the axle weight and add 10 to 20% to the weight to get you psi. If you dont have the weight used the side wall max load psi.
ArtJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 05:28 PM   #9

My Endurance tires have been great.
allenb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 09:05 PM   #10

If you haven't already bought them, I got mine at Sam's Club and they were $ cheaper than anywhere else I could find them, including discount tire. I have been really happy so far.
Tomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 09:40 PM   #11

The ST225//75R15 Endurance is ONLY made in Load Range E. They only manufacture 7 different Endurance tires. That tire has a max capacity of 2830 lbs. In a tandem axle installation it is good up to 11K lbs. My trailer has a 7500 lb gross so I am way over tired.

See page 4 of this brochure. https://www.goodyearrvtires.com/pdfs...v_brochure.pdf

or go here and select Endurance Trailer (RH most tire pic) https://www.goodyearrvtires.com/tire-selector.aspx

I have to assume you specified the size stated on the placard on the front LH side of the trailer or the spec sheet inside the wardrobe door.

I have that exact tire and am very happy with it. If you have rubber stems, even the high pressure rubber stems, consider asking for all metal stems so you can mount a Tire Pressure Monitor System in the future if you do not have one. They can use a stem that is designed to mount an internal TPMS sensor (but of course doesn't have one on it) as these work very well.

It will be something resembling this........

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed std cab long bed Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. Previous, Being repaired and will be sold, is a 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180. SOLD - 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.
CharlesinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 06:25 AM   #12

Thanks for the post. I ordered the size I already had from a picture I took of my old tires. I didnít think of the placard. I had some orchestrating to do. Itís stored 100 miles from my home, a whole different story. So I planned on doing all this at the end of the year when I go get it to go to Florida. I was in the hurry up mode when I found out the dealer was closing in a week. Going into the nearby discount tire wasnít an option so it was done by phone with a DT by the dealer. . Iíve had good with them in the past with my cars and truck. Getting good advice etc.. I usually buy Michelin. I donít mind the cost. I was surprised when he called and said they arrived in two days with all the shipping issues. Being made here must have helped. Iíll talk to them about the metal stems. A previous poster talked about tire pressures. I always did the max at 80 lbs. is that wrong?
Old 12-02-2021, 06:51 AM   #13

Quote:
I always did the max at 80 lbs. is that wrong?
No, it is what I run mine at. But I'm not overly anal about pressure. If they are 75 to 80 when I check them I leave them alone as they will heat up a bit and the pressure will be up in a couple of miles.
I do monitor with a tpms system.
jleonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 08:44 AM   #14

We have the same tires and per weight vs inflation chart we could get away with 65 psi. When I go to the tv and check my tpms, if they are all within about three pounds of each other and something at or above 65, I consider it a go for launch. Going across Arizona or Ohio will heat them up differently but the starting psi is all that matters. Enjoy your new tires!
Martian is offline   Reply With Quote