Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-02-2016, 07:55 PM   #15

HF probably has some good deals--my general rule when buying at HF is: only buy it if sold by the pound, or if it has one moving part or less [smile].....
New Braunfels, Texas
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2016, 08:16 PM   #16

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We purchased (not a small 2200kw) a 7k generator last spring from HF. ($550) While it may not be as quiet as a $1000, 2k Honda, it really doesn't appear to be real noisy ether. About the same noise level as a 3500 we originally purchased from RV dealer that wouldn't supply enough to run ac with anything else. We have it mounted in the pick up bed and also an exhaust extension to avert the noise and heat upward. Have had absolutely no problem with it and also, an extended warranty can also be purchased for a small amount. Today, there is a HF almost everywhere if you were to have a problem. Ps. also have a 2k power inverter that we use in the evening if in a campground to power tv, computers and such. No noise. Will also power the coffee pot in the early am. Mmmmmmm Good. lol
Old 01-03-2016, 06:20 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient11 View Post
After spending the past 6 weeks researching generators, finally decided on the Honda eu2000i. It is fairly quiet and sips fuel...also only weighs 45 lbs.
A close second was the Champion 3100 inverter generator but weighed 84 lbs. and that was a bit much.
I had a Black Max 3500 and it was as loud as a leaf blower and wasn't reliable.
We had a Honda EU3000i when we had our Wilderness trailer. Quiet and great on fuel. We currently have an EU1000 for the wife's Little Guy RV, and an EU6500i used as backup power for the house. Honda's inverter gens are exceptional.
Old 01-03-2016, 06:41 AM   #18
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVGuy1966 View Post
?.. Your assumptions of what I may or may not use it for and where is purely your demented thoughts not mine.... .

....well you are posting the question in the travel trailer camping section 😃 so we would all have to assume you are going to power your travel trailer with it......right? We are all trying to help each other here......
Old 01-03-2016, 07:17 AM   #19

HF generator experience. I installed one in a friends horse shoeing trailer. Seemed like a nice little generator for the money. Then he started it, the noise scared the horses, it rattled the entire trailer, and the pull started hanging up after the first eight or ten times used. He tried to get parts for it (pull cord mechanism), was never able to get it. Tried to return it to HF. They said that even though the pull cord hung up some times, it still worked, so he had to work with the manufacturer . . . Manufacturer wouldn't return e-mails, and no phone number provided. He ended up replacing it with a Honda from the same place that I purchased my two:

Electric Generator Depot - Portable Generators For Sale - Buy Online, Free Shipping and Save

Free shipping, no tax, get it in 4 - 5 days. Best prices I've found.

I would recommend Honda, but I've heard some really good things about Yamaha as well. I don't have any personal or anecdotal experience with Champions, so I'll stay out of that one!

I would avoid Generac. Google Generac problems and you'll have more than an afternoon's reading. Just saying!

Good luck in whatever you decide, but please post what you buy and your experience with it! Take care,
Old 01-03-2016, 09:07 AM   #20

Welp, again it seems some people enjoy assuming. I asked the question in this forum since most towable units I have seen don't usually have a built in generator. So, I figured someone with a towable might have had the genny I asked about. I am just blown away with some of the responses..... Some of you responded in an argumentative way and for what reason I have no idea...at no point did I ever say I was looking to buy a generator cheap and didn't care how loud it was and was going to run it at a full hookup site just to annoy my neighbor....

I can't believe I am having to justify my question....unreal people! shame on you for attacking someone who just asked about a generator... holy crap, I surely hope I never get a spot next to you....I am sure you would have a problem with flushing the toilet after midnight....

I never saw a response where someone had the actual generator and responded with a yes its pretty good or no I thought it was louder than expected. I mean really, is it that hard to either answer if you can or just ignore the post?

I will not be responding further on this post...too ridiculous and aggravating to keep this nonsense up.
Old 01-03-2016, 09:12 AM   #21
Community Administrator

Time to move on.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Closed Thread