Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2021, 11:48 AM   #15

Got the controller with the 2 fans today
Timtoolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2021, 12:05 PM   #16

I had one installed.
Old 07-06-2021, 08:09 AM   #17

We've had an ARP system for about four years now, it has been on two different trailers.

On our current trailer I swapped the two ARP fans out for four mounted at the top of the plenum, all controlled by the ARP controller. It moves a lot of air and the refrigerator performs great, even with the fans off.

Old 07-06-2021, 09:06 AM   #18

Highly recommend the ARP Fridge Defend. I installed it in our Mirada. Besides some peace of mind regarding the heat behind the fridge, the little fans inside the fridge helped to even out the cooling. I hope whoever has it now appreciates it.
I like the residential fridge in our Accolade. Less worry about a fridge fire. And I love the ice in the door during happy hour…
Firewrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 10:04 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01tundra View Post
We've had an ARP system for about four years now, it has been on two different trailers.

On our current trailer I swapped the two ARP fans out for four mounted at the top of the plenum, all controlled by the ARP controller. It moves a lot of air and the refrigerator performs great, even with the fans off.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3359.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	453.8 KB
ID:	335087 I have these inside
Old 07-07-2021, 10:08 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timtoolman View Post
Attachment 335087 I have these inside

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3275.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	149.2 KB
ID:	335088
Added
These above the 4 factory fans
Old 07-07-2021, 10:09 AM   #21

Quote:
Attachment 335088
Added
These above the 4 factory fans

I will probably mount the 2 ARP fans in lower cover to bring air in lower part and blow
Air up through
Old 07-07-2021, 10:36 AM   #22

Has anyone installed this control on your Refrigerator? And does it work

Quote:
I will probably mount the 2 ARP fans in lower cover to bring air in lower part and blow
Air up through

Iíd like to install the arp control soon , but man itís hot , hopefully in a few weeks sometime
Old 07-10-2021, 07:57 PM   #23

Outdoors RV Owners Club
As a result of this and other threads, I just ordered the ARP v5.0. My refer works great regardless of ambient temps so did not see the need for fans. Delivery will be next Wednesday (fast). Thanks to all for prompting me into action!...
Bigfin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 08:10 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfin View Post
As a result of this and other threads, I just ordered the ARP v5.0. My refer works great regardless of ambient temps so did not see the need for fans. Delivery will be next Wednesday (fast). Thanks to all for prompting me into action!...

Good deal
Old 07-11-2021, 08:12 PM   #25

So whatís the point of this, fire control or cooling?
vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 08:15 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfin View Post

Glad to help
Old 07-11-2021, 10:24 PM   #27

Ford Super Duty Owner
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroom_vroom View Post
So whatís the point of this, fire control or cooling?
Here is the link to a page that describes in detail what the device does and how it works. A good short summary from that page would be this:

"Why is the Fridge Defend by ARP a Safety and Failure Prevention Device?

The Fridge Defend monitors the cooling unit "normal" boiler temperatures. The cooling unit boiler of your Dometic or Norcold will run at constant normal temperature as long as the cooling unit is performing in a safe manner (see link above). When the cooling unit boiler temperatures rise above the "normal" temperatures, damage to the cooling unit results. Cooling unit damage can lead to premature cooling failure or even worse, the cooling unit boiler can crack due to excessive thermal stress and cause the fluids to leak externally resulting in an RV fire."

It should also be noted that damage to the cooling unit is cumulative and can't be reversed. This device will ensure that boiler temps do not reach a point where damage to the cooling unit occurs and thereby can also prolong the life of the unit.
TT: 2015 Jay Flight SLX 195RB Baja Edition, Andersen No-Sway (Traded in)
ttavasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 03:07 PM   #28

Quote:
Attachment 335087 I have these inside
I installed a dual fan unit at the top on the evaporator coil and a small blower fan at the bottom.

Also installed a switch that disables the door heater for when we're boondocking and want to save on power usage. All fans (inside & out) are switched as well.

Tags
install, led, refrigerator