Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2017, 03:31 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideandslide View Post
Hello All
Just returned from a 500 mile roundtrip with our 2015 Greywolf 26RL. I always check all the tire pressures before leaving on any trip. We arrived home late so just parked the trailer in the backyard till the am to unload it. I did notice one of the tires looked a little low, will check it in the morning. We unloaded in the am and i noticed the tire was even lower,went to check it,and wow how could this happen. Pictures will show it. i don't what could cause such wear, it's not all the way around the tire, about a third, not all the way across the treat pattern. If a brake locked up, i would think it would have flat spotted all the way across. the bearing were a little loose, but not much imho. The other 3 tires are fine.

Heeeelp me figure this out !!!
The other three ain't far behind this one, could almost guarantee you they will all blow in a 1,000 miles or less.

You're spinning your wheels if you don't replace all four now. ...and throwing good money after bad if you don't replace with LT tires.

I was hardheaded and finally learned my lesson, after buying two full sets of ST's (and many singles), and switched to 16" wheels and LT tires.

Happy trails.
Boogie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2017, 07:20 PM   #30

Quote:
The other three ain't far behind this one, could almost guarantee you they will all blow in a 1,000 miles or less.

You're spinning your wheels if you don't replace all four now.
Agree.....from actual experience when dealing with low cost ST niche tires on my service trailers.
JIMNLIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 11:48 AM   #31

Tiffin Owners Club
Help Me Figure Out What Happened ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentw View Post
Tire separation of the plies.

☝️☝️ This! Exactly what a couple of “China Bomb” tires looked like on our previous 5er before going boom! One did some damage to the wheel well before getting her stopped. Ended up replacing them all because, well they were junk.
les.warden is offline   Reply With Quote