Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-13-2019, 11:46 AM   #43

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelnoob View Post
Lmao. How much do they deprecate right when you drive them off the lot?
From the sticker price, figure 30 - 35%. From what you actually paid for it, well that depends on how good of a deal you got.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2019, 11:53 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelnoob View Post
So just for some clarification It is a Intech Sol and I would be pulling it with a 2017 chevy Colorado. Do i need some special mirror adapters or something because of the width.
You may need mirrors. There are easy-to-find listings of the various state regulations about towing and mirror width. Here's one from the AAA:

https://drivinglaws.aaa.com/tag/trailer-dimensions/

And specifically about mirrors:

https://drivinglaws.aaa.com/tag/trailer-mirrors/

If you need extension mirrors, l personally like the slip-on mirrors from CIPA: CIPA :: Home

Good luck!

Roger
Old 07-13-2019, 12:01 PM   #45

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkresge View Post
If you need extension mirrors, l personally like the slip-on mirrors from CIPA: CIPA :: Home
I have those too, and I like them.
Old 07-13-2019, 12:03 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkresge View Post
You may need mirrors. There are easy-to-find listings of the various state regulations about towing and mirror width. Here's one from the AAA:

https://drivinglaws.aaa.com/tag/trailer-dimensions/

And specifically about mirrors:

https://drivinglaws.aaa.com/tag/trailer-mirrors/

Good luck!

Roger

Thanks Roger That!
travelnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 12:05 PM   #47

Probably lose about 15%, plus the sales tax you won't get back if you sold it the next day. BTW, don't sell it the next day! Get the mirrors and a brake controller and start with an easy trip to a nearby rv park to shake down the unit. You will learn a lot, and having the windows open a little while towing will help dry the solvents in the pressed wood products used in construction.

I would also go to a parking lot that is unoccupied on a Sunday and practice turning and backing up. Buy a couple soft plastic traffic cones at some place like Northern Tool, and set them up. Turn as close as you can to the cones, pretending they're a curb, in order to see how much the trailer tires track inside the turn compared to the truck. Back up from one end of the parking lot to the other several times, (far from light posts) and make a pretend target to back into using the cones, from several different angles.

Start simply. You will quickly gain confidence. Don't try to do everything at once. Some people camp in their driveways just to learn all the systems such as hot water heater, which devices rely on 12v power, how to convert dinettes to beds, getting used to the fridge, stove, etc.

Practice, mirrors, brakes. You will be glad for those three constantly. Then, learn every system, downloading all the online manuals for every single appliance, along with a toolbox that has room to grow!
flhayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 12:22 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by flhayman View Post
Probably lose about 15%, plus the sales tax you won't get back if you sold it the next day. BTW, don't sell it the next day! Get the mirrors and a brake controller and start with an easy trip to a nearby rv park to shake down the unit. You will learn a lot, and having the windows open a little while towing will help dry the solvents in the pressed wood products used in construction.

I would also go to a parking lot that is unoccupied on a Sunday and practice turning and backing up. Buy a couple soft plastic traffic cones at some place like Northern Tool, and set them up. Turn as close as you can to the cones, pretending they're a curb, in order to see how much the trailer tires track inside the turn compared to the truck. Back up from one end of the parking lot to the other several times, (far from light posts) and make a pretend target to back into using the cones, from several different angles.

Start simply. You will quickly gain confidence. Don't try to do everything at once. Some people camp in their driveways just to learn all the systems such as hot water heater, which devices rely on 12v power, how to convert dinettes to beds, getting used to the fridge, stove, etc.

Practice, mirrors, brakes. You will be glad for those three constantly. Then, learn every system, downloading all the online manuals for every single appliance, along with a toolbox that has room to grow!

That’s great advice I will definitely do that!
Old 07-13-2019, 12:45 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigmess View Post
I thought you met the nicest people on a Honda?
On a horse. [emoji7]
HJLowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 02:11 PM   #50

Having pop up orange marker cones can be handy to have around campgrounds, particularly older campgrounds where the RV site is just a wide spot in the road. Particularly if your RV has slides that extend out towards the roadway. They are cheap, a 4 pack of collapsible cones is under $25 on Amazon, fancier ones have built in LED strobe lights.
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 03:10 PM   #51

Don’t overthink this. Don’t believe everything you read online. Don’t believe everything your friends tell you. Does he even own an RV?
You’ll be fine, just relax and enjoy your new life style.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 03:44 PM   #52

Well I did it [/IMG]
Old 07-13-2019, 03:45 PM   #53

Old 07-13-2019, 03:46 PM   #54

And it’s partly your fault
Old 07-13-2019, 05:35 PM   #55

Congratulations
Enjoy
Enjoy
You will have many wondercul experiences
Go Camping [emoji41][emoji847][emoji847][emoji847]
HJLowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 09:57 PM   #56

Congratulations!

I think the Sol is a fantastic little travel trailer, and a great fit for the Colorado. A bit pricey, but it appears the build quality is very good, all aluminum frame with fiberglass walls and roof. No rust to worry about, and low level of concern for rot in the walls.

Here's a factory picture of the two prototypes being built. Intech Trailer has a great reputation on the industrial/commercial/race car trailer side of the business.

As far as towing, the box of the trailer itself is only 7' wide, I tow my 7x16 cargo trailer using factory mirrors on both my SUV and my full size van. It's close with the SUV, but I've done fine with the stock mirrors.
Normal_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer, travel, travel trailer