Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-15-2012, 08:21 PM   #1

Hensley and ProRide Prices

There are no Hensley dealers in my area.
New hitch $2970.
Re-manufactured $2295.
Re-man. with the snap up spring bar option $1995.
I assume shipping would be about the same as the ProPride which is $195.

I don't know how or where to buy a ProPride except for the website.
Hitch is $2445 plus shipping $195.

So... $2200 for a re-man. Hensley or $2645 for the PP.

The ProPride has an adjustable ball height stinger, the Hensley has to be ordered with the correct drop stinger. If I miss the measurement shipping will be costly to exchange it. The PP gets great reviews and hitching angles are less critical. Sean Woodruff of ProPride is a member of an Airstream forum and posts regularly.

Now I read about the height of late model truck receivers. My receiver is 21" above the ground and my current stinger centers the ball at that exact height.

What to do...? I just want to buy a nice hitch that fits...

Has anyone had to deal with the big drop stinger? What did you do? What do you suggest?
IWillRVToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-16-2012, 07:59 PM   #2

Well, my friend, I suggest...

Craigslist is my new friend! Again.
Last weekend I bought an Old Town Guide 147 canoe for $350. Today I bought a brand new in the boxes ProPride 1000 lb bar hitch for $1800.
IWillRVToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:08 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I second Will's opinion of E-Bay. I got a used Hensley for 1200 recently. I had to drive a few miles to pick it up, but I'm happy camper. For me, the 2 inch drop was just fine. 1500 Ram 4x4 pulling a R-Vision 25 footer.
Pricejh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:42 PM   #4

Purchased a new 2012 Windjammer 3002, 34', 8700lb. Purchased the Propride 3P. Promised in three weeks, got it in less than two. A few problems off the bat. Had to move the breakaway switch module out of the way of the u-bolt attaching the cross member on the bottom....no big deal. The weight distribution jacks prevent us from opening the doors into the propane tank space. They have to be moved or removed in order to open the doors. If you only open the doors to refill the tanks, it's not too big a problem.
I plan on cutting a small entry opening in the doors so I can reach a hand in to turn the tanks off and on.
We installed the hitch at the dealer when we went to pick up the trailer. Discovered the hitches add additional length and the cable coming from the trailer to the truck was too short! We had to have an 18" pigtail made up to make up the extra length.

The big problem was one of the hooks on the weight distribution jacks straightening out and causing one of the weight distribution bars to come loose. I contacted Sean at Propride and he came up with a solution within a week. Redesigned the jack mount doing away with the u-bolts and replacing them with a channel that mounted on the bottom using two bolts. This was MUCH better design. But I'm going to have to move the breakaway switch module again.

We've towed the trailer a total of 50 miles with the hitch, and NO sway whatsoever!
csteffee is offline   Reply With Quote