Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-25-2021, 09:14 AM   #1

How to set price for TT for sale

I have a trailer to sell, and am curious how to set a price. The NADA web site provides “low retail” and “average retail” prices, but unlike the automobile information there is no distinction between dealer prices or private party sales.

There are so few trailers for sale it is hard to find comparable trailers for sale. None of my brand on Craigslist in this area, and very few on RVTrader.

Any ideas for pricing or advertising?

Thanks!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2021, 10:21 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHinman View Post
I have a trailer to sell, and am curious how to set a price. The NADA web site provides “low retail” and “average retail” prices, but unlike the automobile information there is no distinction between dealer prices or private party sales.

There are so few trailers for sale it is hard to find comparable trailers for sale. None of my brand on Craigslist in this area, and very few on RVTrader.

Any ideas for pricing or advertising?

Thanks!
It depends on what type of person you are. Are you one willing to haggle and play the "sales" game to maximize your return, or do you just want it "gone"?

If you want to just get rid of it price it for what you would be willing to pay for it and see what happens.

If you want to play the game look at similar TT (I know you can not find your model) and then price yours accordingly. Right now it is a sellers market so I would even add at least 10% to whatever you find. You can always go down in price easily, you can not go up.

As for selling/buying I use to have good luck with CL but over the past couple of years I have had a hard time finding stuff on there. I know you can also pay to have them listed on the large RV sale websites. I have had good luck as a buyer and seller with Facebook Market place over the past year or so.
Nwcid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 12:10 PM   #3

Florida Cooters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Depends on the year of your unit as well. Lots of lenders out there use the NADA as their value for determining max amount of loan. If you're selling a 2018, where the odds are higher the purchaser may be obtaining a loan to purchase, then keeping it close to NADA will be important. If it's a "Fully restored, 1957 Airstream", however, then those values don't matter at all. The range you find is a tell to buyers that condition matters most. A smelly, dirty TT will be at the bottom of the scale while an immaculate, fully optioned out cream puff will be over the high spot.l
Old 01-26-2021, 01:12 PM   #4

When I listed my cl c I listed the price in between average retail and low.
When I replaced it with my current TT I offered the in between price and the seller accepted. Win/Win.
Seon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 04:59 PM   #5

When I sold my 2002 Splash 22 foot TT, the going prices ran from $4k-9k. Mine had new batteries, 2 full propane bottles, on-board generator and everything on board worked perfectly. There were a couple of exterior dings so I listed it a 3k (as it wasn't being used regularly). Two days after the listing a prospective buyer checked it out and found some signs of water damage that I hadn't noticed. We haggled and I settled for $2200 cash that evening. I had bought it used 8 years prior and only paid $2500 for it. So, when you sell, figure everything for your minumum price but ask a little higher so you can come down if needed.
Travis98146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 02:51 PM   #6

Curious, I like an RV that is asking $16000.00 but I can only afford $10,000.00
would that be stupid to tell me to go away?
Thanks,
Otis Stepleton
needanMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 06:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by needanMH View Post
Curious, I like an RV that is asking $16000.00 but I can only afford $10,000.00
would that be stupid to tell me to go away?
Thanks,
Otis Stepleton
That saying, "Ye have not because ye ask not..." :-) So I would say it certainly doesn't hurt to ask - especially if you can walk in w/ cash on hand! The cash on-hand certainly wouldn't hurt, given that your offer is 37% below the asking price. However, I'm sure the seller has put some "cushion" in the asking price, so your offer still might be "doable!" Good Luck!
CyrusVA_4RV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
for sale, sale