Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-03-2021, 02:16 PM   #1

I went to an RV show today

Just an FYI - prices are up with smaller discounts IMHO.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211203_114455464.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	350495Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211203_113629107.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	350496
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2021, 02:49 PM   #2

Just a little expensive for a microwave, don't you think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2021, 03:18 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by volks1963 View Post
Just a little expensive for a microwave, don't you think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And thanks for sharing, tuffr2. Am jealous you found an RV show. And I agree with your sentiments. (Although the RV show discounts around my area never were that great. Got a better discount at the dealership. Prices are way up nowadays for sure though!)
Old 12-03-2021, 03:25 PM   #4

About 10 years ago I went to an RV show and walked into a TT. It had a big sale price flyer on the kitchen counter. As I did the usual walkaround opening and closing stuff I found a recent sale price flyer in one of the kitchen drawers. The list price and sale price was cheaper than the one on the kitchen counter.
Imagine that. Unless you're really price savvy on the unit you're looking at then chances are you'll be okay, if you're a newb you're getting took.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 03:49 PM   #5

Agree you have to be super savy to buy in any market. Funny story I can tell. My last travel trailer - I am working a deal with a long distance salesman on the phone. I hang up to think about the deal. I tell my wife I am going to offer $21,500 tomorrow to see if they will take it. Sales price on-line was $23,500...

An hour later my wife calls me into the office (3rd unused bedroom). She tells me she found that same travel trailer on eBay for $18,900. Sure enough same dealer, sake trailer. I said to click the 'buy it now' button.

The next day I talked to the salesman and said my wife found the trailer on eBay and we hit the buy it now button. He said good and they had to honer the eBay quote.

And yes, I took my smarter than me wife out for a very nice dinner
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 05:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
Agree you have to be super savy to buy in any market. Funny story I can tell. My last travel trailer - I am working a deal with a long distance salesman on the phone. I hang up to think about the deal. I tell my wife I am going to offer $21,500 tomorrow to see if they will take it. Sales price on-line was $23,500...

An hour later my wife calls me into the office (3rd unused bedroom). She tells me she found that same travel trailer on eBay for $18,900. Sure enough same dealer, sake trailer. I said to click the 'buy it now' button.

The next day I talked to the salesman and said my wife found the trailer on eBay and we hit the buy it now button. He said good and they had to honer the eBay quote.

And yes, I took my smarter than me wife out for a very nice dinner
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 01:47 PM   #7

About 10 years ago we were looking for a new trailer. We saw one we liked at a small dealer and after going to other dealers my wife called the first dealer about a week later to see if they still had it. Sales didn’t answer, but someone in service did. She asked if they still had the unit we saw. The service writer said “I’m sure we do, we haven’t sold anything in weeks”.

Went back and out a GREAT deal!
joshuajim is offline   Reply With Quote