Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2017, 11:23 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
These are 5x5" fence post covers....hose with fittings fit good, and also a couple lengths of plastic gutter to use as a hose brace
Very slick. I also started using the plastic gutters as hose support. So much better than fighting with those accordion-style supports. Think those things are the bane of RVing.
Dropthejacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2017, 12:04 PM   #16

Plastic gutters
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:23 PM   #17

I also went with Lippert's Waste Master hose. It's expensive and requires an entirely different end on your sewer pipe connection that replaces the bayonet fitting (easy to install). It's an industrial camlock hose connection. Excellent system. Not going to say I love it, because love and sewer hose should never be in the same sentence
Old 07-24-2017, 01:00 PM   #18

I got the cheap ones. From Wally World. Since 4 years. They're still black and they don't leak. That's about it. don't even know what brand. Honestly- what does a sewer hose has to do? The biggest issue is, when you push them in- and pull them out of the bumper, because it's metal rubbing. If it leaks, I go to wally world and get another $15 hose. That's just about it.
I mean of course- for some, sh#t needs to be disposed with high quality- I understand. But for me- it's a pipe.
guy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 12:45 AM   #19

If it's the heavier black plastic from Wally it's probably a Rhino. At least that is what mine is.

If you are storing in your bumper and put it away wet seriously consider switching to a plastic tube on the bumper or under the unit. The bumper will eventually rot through when used that way.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 04:57 AM   #20

Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Haven't had ours for a year yet but we purchased the Camco and went with 5" fence post / gutter combo.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0645.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	300.3 KB
ID:	170024Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0648.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	494.8 KB
ID:	170025
jaysheridoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 06:08 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
If it's the heavier black plastic from Wally it's probably a Rhino. At least that is what mine is.

If you are storing in your bumper and put it away wet seriously consider switching to a plastic tube on the bumper or under the unit. The bumper will eventually rot through when used that way.
We have the camper now since September last year and since 8 weeks, we are permanent campers on our property, until we're done building our new cabin, which will be another 6 months or so. The hose is permanent outside and unfortunately the septic tank is about 200ft away, so I have to fill the tote up and run it down the hill every once in a while. But that's peanuts beside all the tree cutting and hauling dirt around. Tried the 4-wheeler, but that is more pain with the tote than just lift it up and roll it.
The bumper is 0.75mm steel. even if it really corrodes, I believe it will take a lifetime, till the bumper gets a hole. I even go as far to say, before the bumper corrodes through, everything else falls off before it happens.
I know, some want to make it perfect and make a science out of the most simplest things in the world- I admit- I'm "just" a user. If it breaks, I replace it or repair it and be done with. leaves me hell of a time to do all the other things that matter to me.
A sewer hose is just not on top of my priority list.
Old 07-25-2017, 06:21 AM   #22

I am a fan of the orange Rhino products.

Years ago I went cheap. Never again. The cheap stuff flops all over the place when handling it and I had trouble getting secure connections. Do not, under any circumstances, buy a system that has those removable clamps that you adjust with a screwdriver.
RMD3819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 06:22 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy65 View Post
We have the camper now since September last year and since 8 weeks, we are permanent campers on our property, until we're done building our new cabin, which will be another 6 months or so. The hose is permanent outside and unfortunately the septic tank is about 200ft away, so I have to fill the tote up and run it down the hill every once in a while. But that's peanuts beside all the tree cutting and hauling dirt around. Tried the 4-wheeler, but that is more pain with the tote than just lift it up and roll it.
The bumper is 0.75mm steel. even if it really corrodes, I believe it will take a lifetime, till the bumper gets a hole. I even go as far to say, before the bumper corrodes through, everything else falls off before it happens.
I know, some want to make it perfect and make a science out of the most simplest things in the world- I admit- I'm "just" a user. If it breaks, I replace it or repair it and be done with. leaves me hell of a time to do all the other things that matter to me.
A sewer hose is just not on top of my priority list.

Guy65,
I'm not sure if it can pump uphill but if it can a Macerator pump/system will leave you even more time for other things. Good luck with the cabin build.
tbos1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 06:39 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbos1958 View Post
Guy65,
I'm not sure if it can pump uphill but if it can a Macerator pump/system will leave you even more time for other things. Good luck with the cabin build.
Thanks, tbos1958- it's downhill- I thought about getting some sewer pipes at lowes and make a piping to the septic tank- but it ain't worth it, does not look good (my wife would kill me, if I would route sewer pipe through the yard) and would be too much hassle while mowing with the bushhog. I can drain it old fashioned way.
Thanks for the wishes. We're on it!
Old 07-25-2017, 11:55 PM   #25

Trust me, takes ~ 10 years to get visible rust through on the bottom of the bumper. BTDT.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 06:12 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
Trust me, takes ~ 10 years to get visible rust through on the bottom of the bumper. BTDT.
gives me another 5 years until the bumper needs to be replaced- and in 99% of the case, I will not have the camper that long