Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-08-2023, 07:34 AM   #1

inTech

Does anyone have an inTech trailer?

https://intech.com/rv/

The models I am most drawn to are:
https://intech.com/rv/models/terra/
https://intech.com/rv/models/ovr/navigate/

HDRider1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-08-2023, 08:37 AM   #2

The Terra is a fiberglass exterior.

The OVR is an aluminum exterior.

Which is better for an exterior material?
Old 02-08-2023, 07:00 PM   #3

Appears neither option are laminated, as they only have listed foil bubble wrap insulation?

Have you looked at Ember Trailers? Pretty similar with all aluminum construction with composite floors. These are laminated with foam board insulation.
bneukam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 06:57 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bneukam View Post
Appears neither option are laminated, as they only have listed foil bubble wrap insulation?

Have you looked at Ember Trailers? Pretty similar with all aluminum construction with composite floors. These are laminated with foam board insulation.
I don't want a slide.
Old 02-09-2023, 06:58 AM   #5

inTech is off the table. They do not heat the underbelly.
Old 02-09-2023, 08:00 AM   #6

It is so confusing. They have "line heaters"

Per an e-mail from inTech - The line heaters are 12v heaters that are connected to the water lines in the underbelly of the unit. These are in place to help avoid any freezing if you were to experience cold nights while out camping. These are not designed for sustained sub-freezing temperatures.
Old 02-09-2023, 12:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRider1960 View Post
It is so confusing. They have "line heaters"

Per an e-mail from inTech - The line heaters are 12v heaters that are connected to the water lines in the underbelly of the unit. These are in place to help avoid any freezing if you were to experience cold nights while out camping. These are not designed for sustained sub-freezing temperatures.
Further they say -
The tanks all have 12v heat pads as well.
Old 02-09-2023, 12:45 PM   #8

Quote:
Further they say -
The tanks all have 12v heat pads as well.
I have a 12v heating pad on my FW tank too (ORV 25RDS) but it is only intended to keep the tank from freezing when travelling - the rest of the time the furnace is ducted to the basement. You could run the tank pad if you were plugged in but otherwise it would kill your batteries in short order. As someone who boondocks most of the time, the tank heater isn't something I find particularly useful. ....sounds like their system is really only meant to avoid an overnight freeze-up in relatively moderate temperatures.

Dave
Old 02-09-2023, 12:52 PM   #9

I think this is as close to perfect as you're going to get given your stated wants/needs;

https://www.rosmanrv.com/rv-search/travel-trailers/

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/202...5RQ-5024058919
Old 02-09-2023, 01:27 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Pelletier View Post
I think this is as close to perfect as you're going to get given your stated wants/needs;

https://www.rosmanrv.com/rv-search/travel-trailers/

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/202...5RQ-5024058919
Your Rosmanrv listed all their trailers. Which brand are you suggesting?

The RVTrader listing is for a Bigfoot. I think they named them Bigfoot because they are impossible to find. I am looking at Bigfoot.

Thanks
Old 02-10-2023, 06:29 AM   #11

HD, how cold of a temp do you plan to camp in? We have done all the way down to 0, and I can tell you anything below 40 just sucks. None of them have insulation worth a durn, windows and doors leak and besides what do you plan to do in the daytime? We stayed at the base of ski resorts in younger years and it was no fun at night. Had to wear almost as much as we did skiing to keep warm!
If you are just looking for something to camp in on the way from cold to warm going with a dry winterized camper is not that bad. Sort of a rite of passage for many of us. Another thing to consider is if you are travelling in below 30 degree weather with water in the lines no heater on the planet will keep them from freezing. OK, maybe some but consider how much power would be needed to keep the heaters on and the cost of fixing any lines that did freeze and crack.
MCCOHENS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 08:06 AM   #12

Quote:
Your Rosmanrv listed all their trailers. Which brand are you suggesting?

The RVTrader listing is for a Bigfoot. I think they named them Bigfoot because they are impossible to find. I am looking at Bigfoot.

Thanks
Both are Bigfoot. One is $95k and the other is $77k.
propchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 08:09 AM   #13

Mccohens brings up some good points.

What are the low temps your planning on and for what durations?

On our lSt trip to Mt Rushmore it dipped to 28* overnight ( 3 of the nights) but only for 2 to 4 hrs per nigbt. I left water pressure on so the mines wouldn't freeze and the tanks were fine w/o heating pads. Our underbelly isn't enclosed either and the tanks are fully exposed. Highs were 60* those day until we went up the mountain and it was snowing.

If I was crossing a state on my way to a destination and it was below freezing, a quick rv antifreeze purge would be quick, simple and safe. I installed a quick connect between the fresh water tank and the water pump for quick easy rv antifreeze purges. Bypass for the water heater is very easy to get to as well. I have left warm weather to head home and crossed 1 or 2 states that were below freezing.
dsrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 08:59 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by propchef View Post
Both are Bigfoot. One is $95k and the other is $77k.
Yes the 25' Bigfoot is what I was suggesting. FYI, the $95k is Canadian monopoly money so that's $71,250 USD....not cheap but cheaper than some (cough, Airstream, cough)

I know they aren't easy to find but they sound like a very good match and are a quality unit. A used one might be something to think about.

Dave