Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2021, 11:36 AM   #1

Is it legal to disallow children in a conventional RV park?

Just curious if it is legal to refuse to allow family's with children to stay at a Florida RV park? I'm not talking about an over 55 park, just your ordinary run of the mill RV park with no obvious age requirements. My son and his wife initially were told they could stay at the RV park for 6 months, but later the RV park limited their stay to just 2 months.
It's never too late to do the right thing!
larliebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2021, 11:45 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by larliebler View Post
Just curious if it is legal to refuse to allow family's with children to stay at a Florida RV park? I'm not talking about an over 55 park, just your ordinary run of the mill RV park with no obvious age requirements. My son and his wife initially were told they could stay at the RV park for 6 months, but later the RV park limited their stay to just 2 months.
You did not state that the change in stay was due to the children, did the park make that statement?

Being a private park, most likely they can set their own rules. Obviously children are allowed because of the two months period, but the decision to limit the duration of the stay is not clear.
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 12:25 PM   #3

Lot of info needed to offer an opinion. However, their park - their rules esp if they are on their website.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2DR 4WD Sahara, Automatic, Hard Top
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 12:29 PM   #4

6 months shorted to months.......kids being an issue/disruptive/complaints from others??????????

Legal---probably NOT the issue

Violation(s) of Rules/Regulations most certainly apply
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 01:00 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Private parks can make their own rules & change them at their discretion. Legal is not involved.
There is great need for a sarcasm font.
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 01:06 PM   #6

private land/park , there rules . if some one complained about loud kids , your right to stay is gone. Its not in a owners best interest to tell anyone to leave , its always best to use some type of pleasant conversation to correct the issue.
xc-mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 01:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
6 months shorted to months.......kids being an issue/disruptive/complaints from others??????????

Legal---probably NOT the issue

Violation(s) of Rules/Regulations most certainly apply
I'm with yah there. By no means am I saying the op children are hell yuns, but boy I complain about kids all the time, and its the parents that don't give a rip. They just turn them loose and don't have a clue. Running and screaming and banging, yup I'm that neighbor. There is a nighttime noise ordnance but that doesn't give anyone the right to be as loud as they want to be ,either with music, tvs, or hollaring, that can be heard from inside your own house. I can't tell yah how many times I've snatched a kid up running through our site after asking them to stop twice before and marched them to there home. Yes this has resulted in some parental alterations, I'm good with that, keep yer kids out of my yard. another one is when they want to play catch in the rd ( when there is a cg park down the rd) right infront of my 90k truck. I'll sit out there in my chair and as son as that ball comes in my yard after being talked to twice before, the ball goes by by to the office. Again, I'm not implying the op children were those kids, but nobody ever thinks there kids are those kids. I'm retired and am a cantankerous old man who will have the park en force there rules that they post. What ever happened to cg etiquette. RANT OVER, ty
20 ram 3500 ho hd drw Laramie Cummins/aisin w/410 & auto level air suspension with max tow . BILLET silver sport ext. w/ black int. with 12" monitor with all safety features, camera , & luxuries. Full timers & ordering a 48fb w/ side patio luxe.
Billett Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 01:20 PM   #8

Funny, I did not interpret the OP to mean the family was already in the park when the change happened, but obviously that could be the case. If so, then as others have pointed out, it could have been a rules issue which a private park can certainly enforce.
Old 02-28-2021, 01:44 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billett Bee View Post
I'm with yah there. By no means am I saying the op children are hell yuns, but boy I complain about kids all the time, and its the parents that don't give a rip. They just turn them loose and don't have a clue. Running and screaming and banging, yup I'm that neighbor. There is a nighttime noise ordnance but that doesn't give anyone the right to be as loud as they want to be ,either with music, tvs, or hollaring, that can be heard from inside your own house. I can't tell yah how many times I've snatched a kid up running through our site after asking them to stop twice before and marched them to there home. Yes this has resulted in some parental alterations, I'm good with that, keep yer kids out of my yard. another one is when they want to play catch in the rd ( when there is a cg park down the rd) right infront of my 90k truck. I'll sit out there in my chair and as son as that ball comes in my yard after being talked to twice before, the ball goes by by to the office. Again, I'm not implying the op children were those kids, but nobody ever thinks there kids are those kids. I'm retired and am a cantankerous old man who will have the park en force there rules that they post. What ever happened to cg etiquette. RANT OVER, ty
Totally agree.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 01:52 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billett Bee View Post
Also, children are the a major cause of climate change.
PS56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 01:55 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS56 View Post
Also, children are the a major cause of mate change.
Fixed it for ya.
Old 02-28-2021, 02:08 PM   #12

20 ram 3500 ho hd drw Laramie Cummins/aisin w/410 & auto level air suspension with max tow . BILLET silver sport ext. w/ black int. with 12" monitor with all safety features, camera , & luxuries. Full timers & ordering a 48fb w/ side patio luxe.
Billett Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 04:15 PM   #13

I was in a park where the parents let the teens and tweens run wild.

After 3 warning and then being asked to leave, they tried the " You can't evict us due to the new Covid rules "

4 cops came in later that night and helped them pack up and leave.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 04:28 PM   #14

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
I just saw a YouTube video last night with a couple planning on staying at a Florida campground ( KOA) for a month, till they closed on a home to purchase in the same city. They were nearing closing on the the home they were selling in CO. and wanted to enroll their kids in the local school in Florida. After being there a few days or so, they asked if they can pay the monthly rate for one month. First they said OK sure, then I guess the owner who has a "strong" opinion about children living full-time in a RV, said no. I guess staying in a RV for a month is considered "Full-time". They only planned to be there a month.

So is KOA nationally anti-children? I believe they were given a two week limit....I know everyone responding here is under the belief a private campground owner has complete control on the "type" of person who enters his property. So does that mean non natural "redheads" are turned away as the owner doesn't believe people should die their hair?

KOA in Apopka FL.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rv park, vent