Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2013, 01:06 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandsmills View Post
Thanks I would like to know about warranty info. There are no dealers close to me that have one of the Minnie tt to look at. I am waiting for the closet dealer that carries the Winnebago towables brand to get one in. So far it is on my short lifst along with a JAyco 20m with the murphy bed. Wish more brands had murphy beds!
I'm going through all my manuals and here's some warranty info....

1 year warranties on :
Microwave
Winnebago factory warranty

2 year manufacturer warranties on :
Furnace
Water heater
Water pump
Toilet
A/C
Power distro center
LP Detector
Refriderator
Awning
Antenna
Range

3 year manufacturers warranty on :
Skylights
Fiberglass panels

5 year manufacturer warranties on :
Smoke alarm
Carbon dioxide detector

Warranties I'm still not completely sure about :
Rubber roof
Frame
Wheels & tires

I'm not having any luck with those. If anybody else sees any mistake I may have made or know any more information, please chime in.
2stagetechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2013, 09:34 PM   #16

who makes the chassis and the axels?

Can you find who makes the chassis and the axels? I am concerned about the Lippert brand due to things I have read about them.
bandsmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:19 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandsmills View Post
Can you find who makes the chassis and the axels? I am concerned about the Lippert brand due to things I have read about them.
The chassis, axel, breaks, slide out, etc. are in fact Lippert. I can't say that I've heard anything about lippert, should I be concerned?
2stagetechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:09 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2stagetechs View Post
The chassis, axel, breaks, slide out, etc. are in fact Lippert. I can't say that I've heard anything about lippert, should I be concerned?
Just Google "Lippert frame problems", and "Lippert slideout problems". In all fairness Lippert makes almost all frames and has bought out a lot of companies that make component parts for the RV industry. But even then you would think that a company that makes most of the frames for TT's and 5th wheels that they would be able to get it right by now.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:36 AM   #19

lippert issues

you can just go into the search engine here and put in lippert and you can read a wealth of info. I had never heard of them either until I started reading a bunch of info on rv forums with the intention of teaching myself something about TT since I knew little about them. What I have found is that I am making myself CRAZY with TOO MUCH INFO. I have been researching light weight TT to buy one. I have spent many hours on RV forum sites, RV manufacturer's sites, review sites, bought a review book and still have not bought that elusive TT I want. It has to be under 6000GVWR because my tow vehicle can only do 7300 and I don't want to tow max weight. Like lots of models and brands but not many fit my tow criteria. Every time I think I've found the right one something makes me reconsider my decision.
bandsmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:09 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2stagetechs View Post
Concerned, yes, overly so? ...probably not. Should you be inspecting the frame, welds, components, etc. on a regular basis, probably.

First, we too have been doing a bit of research on the Lippert frame problems. Yes, there have been problems. Most seem to be related to fifth-wheel hitch box welds but many do pertain to travel trailer frames too. However, in talking with RV experts, dealerships, and Lippert reps themselves, they in fact seem to be making progress correcting problems of the past.

To quote a post in another forum which we tend to agree with to a certain extent (and hopefully this isn't a copyright issue or breaking this forum's rules in any way) which may help to elucidate our thoughts on this Lippert issue:

Quote:
Here we go....The Lippert frame bash-down.

Fact: there are a bazillion Lippert frames in use.
Fact: they are all designed and spec't by the RV manufacturer.
Fact: some of them fail.
Fact: we hardly ever hear about the bazillion frames that never have problems.
Fact: we do hear about the few that do and thus the conclusion....Lippert frames are junk.

Just say'in IMHO (forum speak)
The reason we agree with this is that our current RV is a Winnebago product. There are certain issues that Winnebagos are infamous for having problems with our particular model, model run, or similar models. Two come to mind immediately but there are others. We bought our unit new and it's now about seven years old. We have not had any issues pertaining to these two problems nor with any of the others that many Winnebago owner's of our vintage and model have had.

One is rusting windshield frames. A huge number of complaints on this. The rust deteriorates the windshield frames to a point where the windshield can develop leaks and even pose the possibility of falling out while underway. Sure, a huge number of these Winnies have had this problem but even more have not.

The roof seams are another problem that a huge number of owners have problems with to the point where the one-piece fiberglass roof not only can develop leaks but can actually fly off while going down the road. We have not had any problems with our roof seams. Granted, we inspect and maintain them regularly but still, some who also inspect and maintain regularly still had problems. You only hear about those who have had problems, however, and not from the thousands who have not.

We are also looking for a lightweight TT currently and if we find one that meets all our other qualifications but it has a Lippert frame and/or components, we still would consider purchasing the unit.

So just putting a little perspective on the issue and you can take it or leave it as you see fit. It's just our opinion.
amanda_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:17 PM   #21

Winnebago ONE 29RL

We've just had our first real trip with out new Winnebago ONE 29RL........Fit and finish to date is the best we've ever had in a travel trailer......The first real challenge we had was trying to add water into the fresh water tank, from a water container........Winnebago in it's wisdom had chosen not to add a standard water intake for fresh water, they have two places to add water but in both cases it takes a hose with enough water to overcome the "check" valve at the intake.......Our dealer didn't point this out (they weren't even aware of this)..........We had to go out and buy an electric water pump to take the water from the container and pump it into the fresh water tank. We had tried a pump which is driven with a drill, but it doesn't generate enough water pressure to overcome the check valve..............The only other "complaint" to date is the lack of information from Winnebago about the ONE trailers,,,,everything they have is very generic, their support website doesn't even list the "ONE" trailer,,,hopefully they will over time..............
One of the very pleasant things about this unit is that the fuel consumption required to tow this trailer is about the same as the Rockwood Ultralite we traded and this unit weighs twice as much.......The only thing I can attribute this to is the design............Overall we are VERY pleased.................
gilcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:16 PM   #22

What electric pump did you use?

Just got back from a week of dry camping. I had the same problem, tried to add water and found out about the check valve issue. Please let us know what pump you are using Thanks
Sparks54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:57 AM   #23

Water Pump

The water pump to add water to the fresh water tank is:
115 Volt Mini-Vac Pump, with Handle

FRANKLIN ELECTRIC Item #3125-344 Model #14942005

It was purchased in Canada at Home Hardware , it was $100 Canadian. It does a great job, takes about 2 minutes to pump a 5 gallon jug.............
gilcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:34 AM   #24

Thanks for the info. I decided on this 12 Volt pump from Harbor Freight.
12 Volt Marine Utility Water Pump
Tested it yesterday, pumped a 5 gallon jug in about 1 minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilcourt View Post
The water pump to add water to the fresh water tank is:
115 Volt Mini-Vac Pump, with Handle

FRANKLIN ELECTRIC Item #3125-344 Model #14942005

It was purchased in Canada at Home Hardware , it was $100 Canadian. It does a great job, takes about 2 minutes to pump a 5 gallon jug.............
Sparks54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:48 AM   #25

Was afraid of continuing thread without starting a new one, but the original topic was pretty open-ended... I see what you mean about having to pressure fill the water tanks - didn't think about that yet; but will need to account for it soon when we head to the National Parks (no water hookups). Looked at the Harbor Freight brand (Pacific Hydrostar) and Franklin Electric - these pumps don't have a potable water rating. I would be concerned about using pumps designed for run-off water or bilge water applications. I see what you mean about needing a pump to fill the tank - but will use the Shurflo (seals rated for potable water). 4 GPM pump should be plenty fast enough. Plus this way I'll have a spare if/when the RV pump goes out. Thanks for bringing this up now ... before I find out the hard way.

As to the comment above about being easy to pull - I noticed this too and thought I was not counting miles right. The 29RL is 1 1/2 tons more weight than my previous trailer and I get the same mileage! Thought I was dreaming when I saw my efficiency - must be bearings, wheels, and aerodynamic profile. Thanks Winnebago!
lmcleister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:30 AM   #26

Your mileage and weight are less relative than the wind drag and speed of your vehicle. At least that's been my experience with hauling trailers of different sizes and weights.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:32 PM   #27

Well we are now going on our second summer with our 26RK Winnebago One. Since my first post here we have had no real issues. While I wish there was an easier water tank fill it doesn't bother me at all as if I am dry camping I fill the tank at home before I leave. The only little issue I have is no light switch as you walk into the camper and no light switch as you walk into the bedroom. I do wish the waste dump was further back instead of in the middle of the camper. The fit and finish are still excellent and i am loving the fiberglass gellcoat siding. So we are still loving this camper and we are getting ready to head to Bar Harbor this thursday night.....
extricator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:43 PM   #28

Winnebago One 32BH

I purchased a Winnebago One 32BH in September 2012. On the surface it is a great looking unit and you would think since it is sporting the Winnebago banner it would be a quality coach. Not the case! Mine was wrought with water leaks from the faucet connections, the toilet and the shower. The 12V water pump never worked from day one and the mattresses in the bunk room and on the fold out sofa are unsleepable. At closer inspection the overall workmanship and fit and finish is comparable to lower cost economy units. The sadest part is that even under warranty you cannot not get help from Winnebago. It appears that Winnebago bought a failing coach manufacturing business to start their “One” line then did nothing in the quality control area that was causing them to fail in the first place. Stay away from Winnebago towables if you are smart. They are inferior units backed up by poor customer service and warranty support. There are plenty other manufacturers producing superior units and you don't have to over-pay for the Winnebago name.
hoffnerc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago