Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2020, 06:41 PM   #1

Just purchased a Shamrock 183 hybrid

Hello fellow campers,
Thanks for adding us to this awesome group! This is my first post!
We just purchased our very first camper/RV and we are very excited! We purchased a Forest River Shamrock 183 with 3 Queen tip outs hybrid camper, 2014 model, and it's in very good condition, thanks to the previous owners. We have been renting hybrids for a few years and in a pandemic year, decided to take the plunge!
We live in Mississauga, Ontario in Canada and luckily found an electric camping site at Pinery Provincial Park for the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend, and we are worried that we may not be able to handle the cold, considering how its been dropping lately.
Does anyone know if the furnace on a hybrid camper like our 2014 Shamrock 183 should be sufficient to keep us warm for 3 nights in mid October along the south Georgian Bay? Apparently, we also have heated mattresses.
Oh, and I also need recommendations on a decent backup camera for the trailer, preferably wireless.
Thanks everyone!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200911_110707.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	281.8 KB
ID:	301378  
vipulgshukla is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2020, 07:53 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club

Glad to have you here with us.
TonyDi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 09:20 PM   #3

Grand Design Owners Club
When I was in college I lived off campus for 3 years in a 24’ TT. While not Ontario, winters in Oklahoma can get very cold, into the single digits F, and the heater on my TT had no problem keeping up. But you will use more propane so make sure your bottles are topped off.

If the campsite had power you might also consider taking an electric oil filled radiant heater to knock off the chill and supplement the forced air. Plus I think they are safer than an electric fan based heater. IMHO only.

Since you have experience with the hybrid trailers then you are likely also familiar with taking steps to reduce condensation from moist warm air contacting the colder tent fabric.

Can’t advise on the camera. If you are using it to back into a campsite I’d still get out and look around first noting that obstacles can also be present overhead.

Have fun and Happy Thanksgiving.
Kluffinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 04:54 AM   #4

Lots of camera choices.
We have a Tadi Brothers.
mokurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 04:51 PM   #5

Don't know about Canada, but should you get to the US, be aware that some National Parks and certain other campgrounds do not allow hybrids (or tents) due to a bear problem. Just check where ever you are headed to make sure it is OK. Don't want to get there and have them turn you away.

Charles

Tags
purchase