Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-17-2017, 03:52 PM   #1

KZ Spree Owner Feedback

I am wanting to hear from owners of KZ Spree TT. We looked at one today and liked it, especially since it had 4 point auto leveling. It seemed pretty well constructed, but would like to find out for sure from actual owners of the Spree.

Thanks.

John
John (USAF Reti)/Cheryl (Teacher) Boo (15 year old cat), Billie (18mos cat), Ben (18mos cat), Beau (18mos cat). '20 Tiffin 32SA (Feb 2020 arrival); Past RVs: '16 Newmar Ventana 3709, '16 Tiffin Allegro 36LA, '14 EverGreen Bayhill 295RL, '12 Voltage V3200, '09 BigHorn 3400, '06 Jayco Octane, '04 Jayco Baja
JCGibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2017, 05:34 PM   #2

I don't own a Sree but I do own a KZ Sportsman Classic. Our TT has not been back to the dealer since we owned it. Very happy with the product. KZ's customer service is also a pleasure to deal with.
tnrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 06:15 AM   #3

My 2011 Spree was a nightmare, worst purchase decision of my life. How's that for feedback?
lynnmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 11:58 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnmor View Post
My 2011 Spree was a nightmare, worst purchase decision of my life. How's that for feedback?
In response to your feedback and experience maybe quality control and cust service has improved over the last 6-7 years?
ThirdSpaceCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 02:38 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdSpaceCO View Post
In response to your feedback and experience maybe quality control and cust service has improved over the last 6-7 years?

In some ways the quality did improve, for example they needed to beef up the incredibly weak frame to handle the leveling system. I see that some corners were cut with less storage drawers. Check the NCC to see if that has improved. KZ often uses the absolute minimum axles, springs and tires. I have replaced everything below the frame and welded the frame in four places. Compare the specs of an Arctic Fox trailer with approximately the same configuration to see how one should be built.

I had more problems with two dealers than the factory. Now that Thor owns KZ, it is hard to say if some of the good people there can provide service.
lynnmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 02:39 PM   #6

KZ Vision

We bought a 2016 KZ Vision last year. For some reason, the "Vision" brand only lasted two years before they discontinued.

Perhaps it was because of the quality problems. Here's a list of defects / repairs done over the past year:

- Shakedown trip ... hitch broke
- Panel came off an interior wall ... they forgot to nail it on.
- Wires disconnected and came out of breakers
- Exterior speakers filled with water and had to be replaced
- Awning lights stopped working - backordered for at least 1 month
- Burst water line
- Interior speaker broke
- Graphics peeling
- Roof panel uneven and appears as if it was not installed correctly .. like interior panel
- Covers over wheels falling off
- Power jackpost siezed

Maybe I just got a lemon. But, I've heard similar stories form other K-Z owners. If I were to do it again, I'd get a Jayco.
MBirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 02:40 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnmor View Post
This begs a story telling?
MBirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 03:24 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBirch View Post

Maybe I just got a lemon. But, I've heard similar stories form other K-Z owners. If I were to do it again, I'd get a Jayco.
I got lemon Jayco. You could get a lemon no matter what brand you buy. The thing with Jayco when we were trying to resolve the issue their customer service left a lot to be desired.

A look at Jacyco manufacturing: which also may have changed since Thor Industries took over
tnrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 06:40 PM   #9

We had a 2010 KZ Spree we bought new and had a couple of issues with windows leaking the first year. Dealer fixed the problem and it was a great TT.
stevedenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 11:24 PM   #10

Run away as fast as you can. My daughter is on her second one and I have spent many hours fixing problems, repairing faulty construction so it was like it should be, repairing cheap appliances, replacing cheap foam in the cushions that can barely support the fabric let alone a person. Very disappointed. Bought it because it was inexpensive and was what she could afford. Will go Arctic Fox on next trailer like mine but smaller. They are much better but no trailer is built the way they should be.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 08:31 AM   #11

KZ RV Club
We own a KZ Spree bunkhouse 2013 - so far, no problems. We used it heavily for 2 summers with 7 people inside. Everything works fine and we have never had it into a shop.

My cousin is a welder by trade, he looked underneath when we bought it in 2015, he said he saw no structural issues.