Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-22-2021, 10:16 PM   #1

Lance 2375 Trailer

We have a 2020 ACE 30.3 right now and seriously thinking about selling it and switch to a travel trailer.

I actually looked at two Grand Design Imagine trailers, 2500 and a 2600 but thought that all the cabinetry is really flimsy, and the dinettes are uncomfortable, and I hate the freestanding table.

About 3 hours away is a 2020 Lance 2375 for sale. I watched numerous videos about the trailer, and it appears to be a much better-quality unit and although more expensive (48k asking price) compared to the Grand Design. We both like the floor plan with the rear J-Lounge and it is big enough for us two. I haven't seen it in person but will do so after the holidays.

I would like to hear from some actual 2375 owners about their experience. I especially like to know if the on 15K BTU AC unit is sufficient and keep the bedroom cool since the unit is in the rear living area and is not ducted.

By the way, my tow vehicle is a 2022 Chevy Silverado LTZ with the 3.0L Duramax, rated at 9000 lbs towing capacity with 900 lbs max tongue weight.

I appreciate any advice.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2021, 08:26 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71_340 View Post
We have a 2020 ACE 30.3 right now and seriously thinking about selling it and switch to a travel trailer.

I actually looked at two Grand Design Imagine trailers, 2500 and a 2600 but thought that all the cabinetry is really flimsy, and the dinettes are uncomfortable, and I hate the freestanding table.

About 3 hours away is a 2020 Lance 2375 for sale. I watched numerous videos about the trailer, and it appears to be a much better-quality unit and although more expensive (48k asking price) compared to the Grand Design. We both like the floor plan with the rear J-Lounge and it is big enough for us two. I haven't seen it in person but will do so after the holidays.

I would like to hear from some actual 2375 owners about their experience. I especially like to know if the on 15K BTU AC unit is sufficient and keep the bedroom cool since the unit is in the rear living area and is not ducted.

By the way, my tow vehicle is a 2022 Chevy Silverado LTZ with the 3.0L Duramax, rated at 9000 lbs towing capacity with 900 lbs max tongue weight.

I appreciate any advice.
I suggest you head over to lanceowners.org and do a bit of reading. They're an active group and you'll learn as much as you want/need.
propchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 11:42 AM   #3

Agree, not very many Lance owners on here. We have had our 1995 for 5 years, and are very satisfied owners.

Their forum also has a classified section with used units for sale.

Just fyi big changes are happening for 2022 model, including ducted air. But cooling up front has not been an issue, at least that’s what current owners say. These trailers are built tight, and are well insulated. Noise coming from the non ducted AC will be more of an issue, than cooling performance.

Thinking the 2020 still has glass for the front window, instead of the acrylic. So you will definitely need a Autoweave cover which can be found on the forum as well.

For 2022 they went to an I frame, with leaf sprung, shock absorbed suspension. The front is now a fiberglass cap. Interior height was raised 2”. Thicker foam board roof with integrated ducted AC. The door is a Euro style, with sliding screen door.

The solid feel, and the full 6 sided foam board construction is why we went with Lance. The lower profile, and somewhat lighter weight allows for lesser capable TV’s. These just keep getting more expensive, which is the biggest concern. But I guess they all are. If that 2375 is in good shape, don’t believe it will last long.
bneukam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 07:51 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bneukam View Post
Agree, not very many Lance owners on here. We have had our 1995 for 5 years, and are very satisfied owners.

Their forum also has a classified section with used units for sale.

Just fyi big changes are happening for 2022 model, including ducted air. But cooling up front has not been an issue, at least that’s what current owners say. These trailers are built tight, and are well insulated. Noise coming from the non ducted AC will be more of an issue, than cooling performance.

Thinking the 2020 still has glass for the front window, instead of the acrylic. So you will definitely need a Autoweave cover which can be found on the forum as well.

For 2022 they went to an I frame, with leaf sprung, shock absorbed suspension. The front is now a fiberglass cap. Interior height was raised 2”. Thicker foam board roof with integrated ducted AC. The door is a Euro style, with sliding screen door.

The solid feel, and the full 6 sided foam board construction is why we went with Lance. The lower profile, and somewhat lighter weight allows for lesser capable TV’s. These just keep getting more expensive, which is the biggest concern. But I guess they all are. If that 2375 is in good shape, don’t believe it will last long.
The Lance has been on the top of our want list...until the introduction of the 2022s. The new suspension is one concern, the other is the removal of the vent fan for the cooking area.
Old 01-13-2022, 09:51 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by propchef View Post
The Lance has been on the top of our want list...until the introduction of the 2022s. The new suspension is one concern, the other is the removal of the vent fan for the cooking area.
What did they change on the suspension that has you concerned? ....and they really don't come with a range hood fan?

Dave
Old 01-13-2022, 10:26 AM   #6

Lance 2375 Trailer

They went to a shock absorbed leaf sprung suspension, instead of the current torsion axel.

They also dropped the BAL NXG huck bolted frame for the Lippert I beam.

Higher rated axels, taller interior height, ducted AC are some of the positives.
Old 01-13-2022, 11:13 AM   #7

Quote:
They went to a shock absorbed leaf sprung suspension, instead of the current torsion axel.

They also dropped the BAL NXG huck bolted frame for the Lippert I beam.

Higher rated axels, taller interior height, ducted AC are some of the positives.
I wouldn't let the shock absorbed leaf sprung suspension bother me; I have 6 trailers with leafs and two with torsion axles; each has their benefits but I don't consider the leafs to be inferior....particularly when equipped with shocks.

Not sure about the frame differences. I am still curious about the lack of a range fan? that seems very odd....

Dave
Old 01-13-2022, 01:24 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Pelletier View Post
I wouldn't let the shock absorbed leaf sprung suspension bother me; I have 6 trailers with leafs and two with torsion axles; each has their benefits but I don't consider the leafs to be inferior....particularly when equipped with shocks.

Not sure about the frame differences. I am still curious about the lack of a range fan? that seems very odd....

Dave

Not sure about the fan. Heard they added a fantastic fan above the kitchen area to better exhaust cooking smells, and moisture.
But the whole kitchen has gone modern, including a hidden microwave.

Personally, I like the torsion axels, smooth, and a very clean, rust free look. Definitely they are using heavier, but not necessarily better materials, which is going backwards IMO. More than likely cost saving measures.
Old 01-13-2022, 02:09 PM   #9

Quote:
Not sure about the fan. Heard they added a fantastic fan above the kitchen area to better exhaust cooking smells, and moisture.
But the whole kitchen has gone modern, including a hidden microwave.

Personally, I like the torsion axels, smooth, and a very clean, rust free look. Definitely they are using heavier, but not necessarily better materials, which is going backwards IMO. More than likely cost saving measures.
I don't hate the torsions and they are the way to go when trying to keep the trailer floor low but I also like the additional travel and articulation of the spring type and ground clearance is usually better.

The deletion of the range hood fan was something I found puzzling but certainly a Fantastic or Maxxair is a 10X better fan than the tiny little plastic fan so If they've added one to the area above the kitchen, it might work well. I'm a stickler on running my fan if I'm cooking or boiling water both for humidity as well as odor.

Dave

Dave
Old 01-28-2022, 05:01 PM   #10

I am surprised that a trailer as expensive as the Lance would not have ducted A/C. even my Freedom express 246 rks has ducted A/C that works very well and heated and sealed underbelly which came in handy about a week ago when camping in sub-freezing temps for 3 nights.
runamuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 06:59 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by runamuck View Post
I am surprised that a trailer as expensive as the Lance would not have ducted A/C. even my Freedom express 246 rks has ducted A/C that works very well and heated and sealed underbelly which came in handy about a week ago when camping in sub-freezing temps for 3 nights.
After looking at a Lance we actually had a "change of heart". It surely is a nice trailer but, in my opinion, overpriced. Besides that, it would almost max out or even exceed the tongue weight rating for my truck.

We went a different route and buying a 2022 Coachmen Freedom Elite 246RKS, it will be delivered to our dealer the first week of March. I looked at some other Freedom Elite trailers and the quality is pretty good, maybe not Lance or Airstream though.

Only thing I will miss is the rear ladder as it most likely will not come with one (supplier shortages........the universal excuse).

How do you like your 246RKS?
Old 03-02-2022, 10:37 AM   #12

We are on our second Lance. We now have a 2017.5 2295 about 6k pounds full. Our tow is a 2021 Chev 1500 3.0 Duramax. Mileage in town is about 24 mpg and when towing about 14 mpg. Both of our Lance TT where used when purchased, only "requiring" new water pumps for both. We sold the old one for 40% more than invested and purchased the new one for 20% less than general market prices.

We do belong to the Lance Owners group and have heard about the issues concerning the new 2022's. I think there's a high likelihood all mfg's are having some issues over the last six months and will continue for a while longer. If you thing buying a $500k + new class A, B, C, is going to be free of defects you are dreaming.

The Lance TT and Duramax is a really great combination and the "used" Lance TT's are worth the extra money.
Ivins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 06:21 PM   #13

Being a owner of a 2018 Lance 1995, can’t say much other than it’s had zero issues. Besides adding a little attention to the roof seals, haven’t had to do one repair.

From what I read on the Lance owners forum 2017.5 thru 2020 are very good units.

Wiring, plumbing and the overall construction is very well done.

We’ve owned it now for 5 years, and 32k miles, and looking forward to the next 10 plus.
Old 03-03-2022, 11:19 AM   #14

Quote:
Being a owner of a 2018 Lance 1995, can’t say much other than it’s had zero issues. Besides adding a little attention to the roof seals, haven’t had to do one repair.

From what I read on the Lance owners forum 2017.5 thru 2020 are very good units.

Wiring, plumbing and the overall construction is very well done.

We’ve owned it now for 5 years, and 32k miles, and looking forward to the next 10 plus.
Yup, and the price for those reflects this truth. Those all sell used for what they were new and it seems many are avoiding the new ones. Lance remains on my list...for a used one.

Tags
trailer