RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-16-2019, 02:33 PM   #1

Lance 2375 vs Winnebago Minnie 2500FL?

We recently saw the lance 2375 and really liked it especially because of its low profile and quality. Price is high though and wondered if itís worth the extra money over the Winnebago Minnie as this has similar layout, profile and weight specs. The lance looks to be about $20k more than the Winnebago. Is it worth that much more?
Thanks
Lori
Lstyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-16-2019, 02:41 PM   #2

I do not think so. The Lance is better the Winnebago but not 20k better. Could you buy 2 Winnebago's for the price of 1 Lance?
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 02:49 PM   #3

The Lance is in a different class...

Either is a fine trailer but the question is if the 20k is worth it to you? The Lance will be easier to tow being lower and (a little) lighter and, since itís a niche product, will probably hold resale value better. (Try and find a used Lance...it costs more than the Winne new *if* you can find one)

Iíd rather have the Lance but itís your money Iím spending
Old 01-16-2019, 04:06 PM   #4

Not sure where you are located, but Lance dealers on the west coast have much better prices. You should get anywhere from 20 to 25% off of msrp.
But the interiors in the Winne donít come close to a Lance.
Just my opinion.
bneukam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 05:40 PM   #5

Fit and finish in the Lance is above the Winnie. The Minnie is just another TT. The front couch looks uncomfortanle and I'm not sure what under it.. The dinette in the Minnie will last a few mins before you hit the under support. The Lance dinette uses superior foam and materials.
Lances are like Legos. Every piece works with other pieces. Winnie's are not built the same way. More hands on and less CNC routing. More margin for error.

Only downside to the Lance are the floor plans. Very limited in design and IMO kind of goofy.

Here in the PNW those TT's are about $9000 apart. IMO the Lance is $9K better.
The cavet is how much are you going to use it. 20 nights a year? 50? 70? The more the intended usage would make me lean towards the Lance and vice versa.
Cumminsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 06:26 PM   #6

We are in California and it looks like we can get the lance for about $41k (in Lancaster where they are made) and Winnie 2500fl for $21k about 40 miles from where I live in Bay Area. This means that I could probably buy two of the Winnie trailers for the price of 1 Lance. We do intend to use it a lot.
Old 01-16-2019, 06:36 PM   #7

I would seriously spend lots of time in each. Pretend you're camping and go thru your daily routine. Try every area for comfort and usability.
Have you actually been in either and tried all sitting areas.
Tough call for sure. $20K is a lot for gas or ?
If thats your market area price, I'd be inclined to save $20K
Cumminsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 06:46 PM   #8

We were in both of them at the RV show a week ago but werenít specifically looking for trailers then and so probably didnít pay as much attention to details in Winnebago. We were very impressed with Lance quality and my husband felt the Winnebago was ďboringĒ looking. We donít like the cheesy glossy cabinets etc that we see in a lot of RVs and would prefer something more substantial looking like they have in the lance. Winnebago wasnít bad but definitely dull. Show is still on through this weekend so could go back now that our interest is solidifying around this kind of trailer (vs small diesel class C or lightweight 5th wheel). Still want to take a look at the new micro Minnie 5th wheel but it hadnít made it to the show yet.
Old 01-16-2019, 08:18 PM   #9

I spent over 1 hour in a lance at a dealership 18 miles away. The furniture is the best of any trailer I looked at since. It will be easier to tow, easier to keep cool and easier to keep warm. They have a PVC roof which is probably a lot better than EPDM or TPO roofs.

In my over an hour in the Lance on a 92 degree sunny north Florida summer day the coldest the one non-ducted A/C unit got the inside down to 75 as the coldest it could get. I turned the A/C off. 13 min. and 20 seconds later it was 80 degrees inside. I came away a bit disappointed in insulation quality.

Winnebago is the only trailer I have seen that can be optioned in Red, Blue, Yellow or Orange etc.

The Lance is cool because you can get a high quality small trailer. Other manufacturers add features and quality as the trailers get larger.

If you end up going back and look at travel trailers pay attention to the furniture. Is it comfortable?

The Lance could be towed by an SUV that would fit in your garage.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 08:52 PM   #10

Personally I like the rear bed in the Winne.
Autoweave makes padded covers for the Lance front window, a must have IMO.
The specs on both are very close, but you do get a little more CCC, and holding tank capacity in the Lance.
The Lance will be better insulated, and is much quieter on the inside.
That is a good price on the Winne, but it really depends on whatís important to you. If you would be happy with the Winne, that would be my choice.
But take your time and get a good feel for each. Be sure to give the cabinets and drawers a good pull. Push against the interior walls. Stomp on the floor. Sit on the dining benches for a while. Step in the shower, and sit down on the throne. May or not help your decision.
bneukam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 07:15 AM   #11

We owned a 2014 Minnie 2201DS and it was a very good trailer. We had no complaints with it but we did find that we didn't like having a couch so we replaced the dinette with a Flexsteel Easy Bed. Having had a larger Sunline trailer before the Minnie, after a few years, I think both of us realized we wanted something larger for our longer trips. And, living in a 55 plus community, I wasn't crazy about having a Tundra crowding our garage that is just a little too narrow. But, then we decided to get something a little larger and now we have our Bay Star. That being said, I'm not crazy about the newer interiors of the Minnies....actually, I don't like them. So, I'll say that I like the Lance trailer and from just looking at the online pics, I would give it serious consideration.

Is it worth it to spend more? Too many variables for anyone to answer that for you. If the extra $$ isn't a budget consideration, than it boils down to whether you plan to keep the trailer for the long haul or is there a chance you're going to move on to something else in a few years. And, consider finding a slightly used Lance...or Minnie, and save some money. In the long run, if you can purchase something and keep it for quite a while, your average yearly cost of ownership will be lower. Applying that logic, owning our Sunline trailer for 10 years and our Starcraft Starstream pop up for 10 years have been our best purchases since we started owning rvs.
Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago