Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-26-2017, 09:46 AM   #1

Lance Travel Trailer Expected % off MSRP

We have been searching for our next RV and we have decided on Lance travel trailers. We found a model we liked and was curious what % off of MSRP we can expect. I was quoted only 14% off MSRP at one dealer. Is this normal for Lance? Doesn't seem very good and they weren't going to budge. We have saved a minimum of 20% off each of the RVs we have purchased over the years.

Thanks in advance.

John
John (USAF Reti)/Cheryl (Teacher) Boo (15 year old cat), Billie (18mos cat), Ben (18mos cat), Beau (18mos cat). '20 Tiffin 32SA (Feb 2020 arrival); Past RVs: '16 Newmar Ventana 3709, '16 Tiffin Allegro 36LA, '14 EverGreen Bayhill 295RL, '12 Voltage V3200, '09 BigHorn 3400, '06 Jayco Octane, '04 Jayco Baja
JCGibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2017, 04:04 PM   #2

That's better than I was quoted which was 10%, I hope we geta input from some Lance buyers, curious.

On another note which Lance are you looking at. I like the 2375 but wish it had the U dinette, the 2285 gives you both a couch and U dinette but tiny bathroom.
cdoorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 06:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdoorider View Post
That's better than I was quoted which was 10%, I hope we geta input from some Lance buyers, curious.

On another note which Lance are you looking at. I like the 2375 but wish it had the U dinette, the 2285 gives you both a couch and U dinette but tiny bathroom.
We like both of those as well and we chose the 2285. The couch or chairs seemed to be in a better seating location than in front of the door like the 2375. Liked the U Dinette better as well. It offers a little more storage. Unfortunately, bathrooms aren't Lances strong suit. They are all small. The kitchen area isn't quite as good as the 2375, but we hope to do more outside cooking and get back to actual camping and not glamping like we did in our motorhome. We enjoy going to state and national parks and don't want to be limited by size.
John (USAF Reti)/Cheryl (Teacher) Boo (15 year old cat), Billie (18mos cat), Ben (18mos cat), Beau (18mos cat). '20 Tiffin 32SA (Feb 2020 arrival); Past RVs: '16 Newmar Ventana 3709, '16 Tiffin Allegro 36LA, '14 EverGreen Bayhill 295RL, '12 Voltage V3200, '09 BigHorn 3400, '06 Jayco Octane, '04 Jayco Baja
Old 05-26-2017, 10:35 PM   #4

The 2285 would be my choice also. The jackknife couch and big dinette will come in handy when our grandchildren come along. My wife's favorite feature on the Lance is their bedrooms, mine is all the attention they pay to details. Good luck, I hope you get a killer deal!
cdoorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 07:52 PM   #5

If you are willing to travel picking on up on the west cost could save you some $. Transportation from Cal. to the east coast is pricey if that is where you are located.

Lances are not high volume products so the dealer needs to make more profit to keep their doors open unlike say a Jayco were they have to move 3 or 4 to make the same profit as one Lance.

Get quotes from several dealers in your area and see which one wants your business.

Last I checked profit is not a 4 letter word.

We received 18% off of ours with quotes from 3 dealers within 200 mi of us.

Most of all enjoy the process and safe travels.
Old 05-30-2017, 03:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCGibson View Post
We like both of those as well and we chose the 2285. The couch or chairs seemed to be in a better seating location than in front of the door like the 2375. Liked the U Dinette better as well. It offers a little more storage. Unfortunately, bathrooms aren't Lances strong suit. They are all small. The kitchen area isn't quite as good as the 2375, but we hope to do more outside cooking and get back to actual camping and not glamping like we did in our motorhome. We enjoy going to state and national parks and don't want to be limited by size.
That's a good trade, Newmar for the Grand Sport.
Old 05-30-2017, 08:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldShu View Post
If you are willing to travel picking on up on the west cost could save you some $. Transportation from Cal. to the east coast is pricey if that is where you are located.

Lances are not high volume products so the dealer needs to make more profit to keep their doors open unlike say a Jayco were they have to move 3 or 4 to make the same profit as one Lance.

Get quotes from several dealers in your area and see which one wants your business.

Last I checked profit is not a 4 letter word.

We received 18% off of ours with quotes from 3 dealers within 200 mi of us.

Most of all enjoy the process and safe travels.
X2

The dealer we bought from had the lowest price in the state and they let me know it. I was able to talk down another few hundred but thats it. I was ok with that since I knew that what i wanted and couldn't get a better price elsewhere without traveling a great distance. I am very happy with my purchase and the dealer!
Lancealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 03:48 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wireman1 View Post
That's a good trade, Newmar for the Grand Sport.
Its a lot of fun. I had a 2013 Corvette 427 and sold it which was a big mistake. I missed it too much so even though the Newmar was a great DP the force was too strong and had to have another Vette. Couldn't justify the expense to keep and maintain the DP at this point in our lives (don't travel enough since not both of us aren't retired) so it has worked out just fine. Now just need to find travel trailer that suits our needs to actually "camp" again.
Old 06-03-2017, 05:03 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCGibson View Post
Its a lot of fun. I had a 2013 Corvette 427 and sold it which was a big mistake. I missed it too much so even though the Newmar was a great DP the force was too strong and had to have another Vette. Couldn't justify the expense to keep and maintain the DP at this point in our lives (don't travel enough since not both of us aren't retired) so it has worked out just fine. Now just need to find travel trailer that suits our needs to actually "camp" again.
Had a 67, 427/390hp and a 72 T top. Sold both for needed expenses at the time.

Maybe another one in this lifetime, 2009 and up.
Old 07-25-2017, 03:42 AM   #10

Good thread. Wish there were more responses.

Also, why is there no dedicated Lance Owner Forum?
Old 07-25-2017, 03:57 AM   #11

Here you go,
We bought our 2017 Lance 2285 last October,
most options, MSRP was $43,000.
Sale price $35,500.
They wouldn't budge on the price. Since it was Exactly what we wanted & dealer was fairly local for warranty work,(125 miles ) , we pulled the trigger.
So far, one of the best decisions we made!!
Absolutely love our Lance!!!!
Hope to be able to full time in it in a few years!!
Hope this helps!!!
scrapperjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 04:24 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapperjohn View Post
Here you go,
We bought our 2017 Lance 2285 last October,
most options, MSRP was $43,000.
Sale price $35,500.
They wouldn't budge on the price. Since it was Exactly what we wanted & dealer was fairly local for warranty work,(125 miles ) , we pulled the trigger.
So far, one of the best decisions we made!!
Absolutely love our Lance!!!!
Hope to be able to full time in it in a few years!!
Hope this helps!!!
Just two of you or full family?

Also, have you done any boondocking in it? How long were you away from power source/hookups? Any additional mods to aid with boondocking?
Old 07-25-2017, 09:36 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgillotti View Post
... why is there no dedicated Lance Owner Forum?
On iRV2 or other?

Lance Owners of America forum
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 11:07 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
I meant on here, but thanks for sharing the link!

Tags
trailer, travel, travel trailer